farecla G3 professional scratch remover - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

farecla G3 professional scratch remover

Greetings folks,

Thought I would share my recent round of paint repair on my F4 750.

My bike had several scratches on the red sections which I finally had a good go at.

I touched up using a match pot, stone chips which were down to the primer by adding a blobs of paint which when dry were slighty higher than the original paint then used Tcut on a soft smooth cloth wrapped around a hi-ligther pen(it was the right shape) to bring the touch up paint down. The unvarnished paint is softer and is easy to rub down.

The result is that the paint touch up blends perfectly level with the original surface. But the Tcut cream took the shine out of the surrounding paint.

At first I thought I had damaged or gone through the clear coat.
I took it to a local and very good paint shop and they very easily fixed it using farecla G3 professional scratch remover(and didn't even charge, they liked the bike). They just dabbed some on a cloth and rubbed the areas.
I was told not to use Tcut as the ammonia in it can damage my paint.

Anyway I was so impressed with the Farecla product I bought my own and have used it to remove several deep scratches that have bugged me for ages.

I did this by hand not using a polishing machine using just a soft cloth wrapped around the same pen as before.

None of the other scratches were thorough to primer and have been removed completely or are now so shallow that they are very hard to spot. I even used it to remove a scratch on the red plastic rear tail light lens, worked a treat.

Very impressed with this polishing cream, easy to use, didn't even have to wear gloves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Nice tip...I need to look for that product here.
Thanks

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Not sure if will be easy to find in stores, I went to auto shop and they had heard of it and could order in, it's more likely to be something a professional uses, Ebay is probably the easiest and cheapest?

Here is a review: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso...016-group-test

I used a flat none fluffy soft cloth and a block with rouned edges to keep working on very specific areas at one time, before a more general rub, all the time applying plenty of the liquid/cream.

Here is what it looks like in it's typical professional size bottle: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Farecla-G3...oAAOSwbsBXljlH

I just polished off then used Autoglym polish, then wax, paint work comes up like glass, so did the red rear light lens.

I have toyed with the idea of getting an electrical polisher, but was warned by the professionals that you need to know what your doing, it can go wrong. Whilst I could go further I would only be taking down the clear coat further, by not doing the entire paint work I leave a thicker layer of clear coat on the bike, which gives me more room for maneuver against wear and tear and future repairs.

Edit: seems to be sold in different bottles with different sizes and colours, for public and professional use.

Last edited by MVBERT; 10-13-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Excellent tip.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:31 AM

A nice one to finish off with post G3 is the 3M Hand or Machine Glaze. Gives a really nice lustre once done.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:39 AM
Established Member

Thanks for the tip, I've just ordered a 500ml bottle from Fleabay, AU$24 including postage from UK.

It won't fix the dent I put in the Minister for War and Finance's Mini Cooper Roadster when my Brutale tipped sideways off the stand but thats another story. Thankfully the Mini saved my MV from hitting the concrete although she who must be obeyed doesn't see that as a positive. Women are strange creatures at times!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundodger View Post
Thankfully the Mini saved my MV from hitting the concrete although she who must be obeyed doesn't see that as a positive. Women are strange creatures at times!
I had a go at my paint because after owning my F4 for 6 yrs I fell off in a petrol station. I had a fight with the side stand and lost.

Amazed at how very little damaged I did to her, but I think she may have landed some what on my leg as I tore a knee ligament(it's healing fast but I had to use a long handled spoon down my leathers to slid them off my knee for 2 weeks).

Still in this case rather me than damage to the Italian mistress eh, and after the repairs inspired me to fix the paint work she is now looking better than before I dropped her.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
A nice one to finish off with post G3 is the 3M Hand or Machine Glaze. Gives a really nice lustre once done.
Do I presume correctly that you use an electric polisher, if so how easy are they to use without it going wrong?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Doesn't appear to be sold in the USA.
SMS in Massachusetts carries the brand, but doesn't list the "Scratch Remover"
The farecla G3 web site has a stockist locator for the UK and shows Halfords as a primary.

Amazon lists it but "Currently Unavailable" and no price??

Found the 500 ml bottle for £9.99 on eBay with an additional £7.99 shipping to the USA.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 12:36 AM
Established Member

The lowest price including postage I could find
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Farecla-7...EAAOSwLF1X~YDf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode