Dragster tank expansion - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Dragster tank expansion

Well it's finally happened. I noticed the left side of the tank is much closer to the steering damper then the right side. When I went to my dealer I was told it was not covered under warranty unless it was leaking.

Does anyone know if this is true or not? It seems to be defective to me and should be covered under warranty.
Attached Images

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR

Last edited by Atom; 07-10-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Called MV Agusta USA and the gentlemen I spoke with was very receptive to my issues. He took all my information down and passed it along to warranty support. He said that the dealership should have never told me it wasn't covered under warranty and I should hear back from MV by Wednesday of this week.

Do you see that? It's my shit eating grin and my faith being restored in MV.

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 05:47 PM

I have to check my tank tomorrow!

15' Dragster RR
97' Triumph Speed Triple T509

08' Alfa Romeo 159 Q4
94' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOII Bianco Perlato
92' Lancia Delta Integrale EVOI 8v
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 07:28 PM

New Site Garage
Since you've obviously been using ethanol based fuel, have you been using any form of treatment with it ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Since you've obviously been using ethanol based fuel, have you been using any form of treatment with it ?
Is there any non ethanol fuel around these days? Lowest I saw was 5% here in NZ. There is Ron 91 but the quality is crap usually and ends up pinging in cars and some bikes I had. haven't tried it with MV
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennz View Post
Is there any non ethanol fuel around these days? Lowest I saw was 5% here in NZ. There is Ron 91 but the quality is crap usually and ends up pinging in cars and some bikes I had. haven't tried it with MV
I don't know about NZ mate, but we can still quit easily get Ethanol free over here in Aus, although they're slipping it in at an alarming rate and quit illegally not telling the general public.

The point I was trying to make is more along the lines of E10 having being around in the USA for a long time (thanks for that ) and the problems have all sort of preventative solutions, people just need to have a look around.

The other option would be to find out if the said bike has the same solution as other bikes here on the forum has had, like a new updated tank which is supposedly resistant to the Ethanol problem, said tank can be identified by a identification "dot" under the seat.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 06:08 AM

Mine was covered out of warranty by MV.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know about NZ mate, but we can still quit easily get Ethanol free over here in Aus, although they're slipping it in at an alarming rate and quit illegally not telling the general public.

The point I was trying to make is more along the lines of E10 having being around in the USA for a long time (thanks for that ) and the problems have all sort of preventative solutions, people just need to have a look around.

The other option would be to find out if the said bike has the same solution as other bikes here on the forum has had, like a new updated tank which is supposedly resistant to the Ethanol problem, said tank can be identified by a identification "dot" under the seat.
Hi Donsy - Sadly I don't have any choice in fuel out here in the great nanny state of California. There are no non ethanol fueling stations in CA. If memory serves me correct, I do have a grey dot on my tank under the seat.

Does a product exist that can stop the ethanol from destroying tanks? If so, why hasn't MV Agusta made it mandatory on any bikes sold in the USA? You would think that is borderline willful ignorance on their part.

Atom
Brutale Dragster RR
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The new tanks should not be affected. All the Italian brands seem to have had this problem. The plastic chosen by Acerbis (primary supplier to many manufacturers) was not up to the task and has been replaced.

You can seal the tank for added protection (I use KBS sealers)...but my old 2008 Brutale has a plastic tank and has never had a problem with E10 gas....but i still go for E0 whenever possible.

I am seeing more and more stations with E0 pumps available (although usually only 87 R+M/2).
I think the gas stations are getting wise to the public's demands.....usually costs about $0.20 more per gallon though. The Shell station just up the road from me has 90 octane E0 !!!

Look here: http://www.pure-gas.org/

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
E0 gas stations

Here's a map of the USA and Canada with blue pins for E0 gas stations. Hawaii also has some E0 stations, and Alaska does not get any ethanol gas...at all !!

Anyway, there are some in California.
Attached Images

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode