Valve stems destroyed upon removal? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Tire Valve stems destroyed upon removal?

Has anyone had or heard of the factory MV valve stems being stripped or broken when being removed?

Recently I was having my wheels powder coated (tire dealer's machine broke and scratched the rim). The shop I was sent to, to remove discs & bearings & send to powder shop, installed another brand of valves in a different color and didn't mention it until I was picking them.

Got home and realized I didn't grab the old ones. Stopped by the shop to pick them up and was told that MV valve stems can't be removed without stripping or breaking and that mine had been destroyed upon removal and were tossed. ...Explaining to me stems are locked in place, I had presumed with a permanent thread locker?

I picked up a stock set of wheels with factory stems the other day and removed the stems to ready for powder. Very easily removed, they had thread sealer but not thread locker.

Is the shop lying to me?

Has anyone every had the slightest problem removing a factory stem from a the factory Brembo super lights that were used on the first R's (Brutale's and F4's)?

Thanks

07 Brutale

Last edited by esq'z me; 05-31-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The wheel valve stems are from Brembo too (at least the ones on my wheels are). There is no reason they can't be easily removed and reinstalled.
Nothing special at all.

Changed your title to TIRE valve stems....I thought you meant engine valves!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode