Stupid plastic fuel filter... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Stupid plastic fuel filter...

yeah so maybe I should have said stupid me for using that plastic fuel filter.. supposed to be fully submersible.. and maybe it was before I added the pressure of a new Kemco in front of it.. RAN LIKE IT WAS ON RAILS for the 45 mins of time out of the garage. Next day fire it up, head down the road 3 miles and acted like it ran out of gas,
turns over , no start.. call the tow truck ( my wife) and get it home. With some quick assistance from a short person whom calls me father I pulled the airbox. turn key no fuel spray..

grabbed the gas can and poured a bit into the throttle, sure enough she jumped to life for 2 seconds.

Key on, pump spins, everything else is good, hit the started.. same open the tank grabbed a flashlight ( or a torch ) turn key, gas splashing EVERYWHERE ..

Drained the fresh 4 gallons of fuel, spilling oh A FREAKING BUNCH in the garage in the process down past the filter so I can see in the tank, Sure enough I can see gas leaking out of the seam in the fuel filter, hit the key, she sprays like crazy but cant get fuel to the injectors..

so short lesson in a long winded rant.. Dont use that crap plastic submersible fuel filter unless you want to tear the tank down ...

FML so it goes..

Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Pressurized fuel system...submersible isn't the key...designed for pressure is. Metal cans. Never saw a plastic pressurized filter.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
yeah yeah yeah supposed to be according to my NAPA guy.. guess the fact he had manicured nails should have been the key that he didnt know parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 01:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Pressurized fuel system...submersible isn't the key...designed for pressure is. Metal cans. Never saw a plastic pressurized filter.
Ed;
Stock fuel filter on a Aprilia RSVR is plastic with a ground wire

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Ground wire???? Well, I don't knows nuttin' 'bout no Prillas.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 07:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Ground wire???? Well, I don't knows nuttin' 'bout no Prillas.
BMW K bikes ground the valve cover..... to the head......

Go figure???.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode