Shido Lithium Ion battery - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Shido Lithium Ion battery

Has anyone tried one of these, or found a good alternative?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIDO-LITH.../182028085225?

F4RR 2016

Brutale 800 Italia
KTM RC8 1190
Moto Guzzi 1100i Sport
Honda Firestorm
Yamaha Thundercat
Yamaha FZR1000 EXUP
Kawasaki GPX750R
The list only gets worse....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 06:53 AM

Went to my dealer last year. Told him i wanted a Li-ion battery and he came with the Unibat X-Racer. Light, tiny and until now problem free. I'm no expert on batteries so i was glad to put some money in my dealers pockets.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeTwin View Post
Has anyone tried one of these, or found a good alternative?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIDO-LITH.../182028085225?

I would also be interested in one of these , is there a big weight saving , can you use the charger that comes with the bike ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:09 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
As long as the charger does not go into disulphate mode, it can be used on a LiFo battery, or most of them at least.
The extra cost involved with a LiFo specific charger is small change for the convenience in the long run, do your research properly gentleman, this topic has been discussed many times. LiFo batteries have come a long in recent years, with different options in internal cell balancing (BMS) or external ports for specific chargers.

I use a 8-cell Antigravity and it spins the motor quicker than anything else I've tried, similar to the 12-cell Ballistic.

Do your research, I can't stress this enough, batteries are not all batteries. Notice the differences in names, Lithium Irion and Lithium Ion, Li-Po and Li-Po4.
Pictures here.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...93#post1835793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Installer09 View Post
I would also be interested in one of these , is there a big weight saving , can you use the charger that comes with the bike ?
This is a well discussed topic and definatly not model specific, wether it's a maintenance issue or performance related, look around a bit more.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 03:29 AM

New Site Garage
i have the Shido MV Corse Li-po battery on my 1090RR. It was a free upgrade from new by the dealer, as the battery supplied with the bike did not hold charge, and all they had in stock the day of collection was the upgrade battery. Shop around and you can get them a lot cheaper than RRP

http://www.mvagusta.com/en-gb/discov...thium-battery/

So far its been great, even has a small button and charge indicator, so when you lift the seat you can get charge status

I have a Shorai lithium battery on my other bike for about 4 years now too. It saved a few KG of weight high up on the neck of the bike, was quite noticeable (other bike is a Harley, any weight loss is good)

I dont ride the MV on Supercorsa tyres when its close to zero degrees celcius, but I do ride the Harley through winter, its on more suitable tyres. When starting on a cold morning, I just leave the ignition on whilst getting suited up in garage, then it starts real easy. Cold start procedure on these batteries is something to be aware of.

cheers
bogie

Last edited by bogie; 02-23-2016 at 03:43 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 03:55 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie View Post
When starting on a cold morning, I just leave the ignition on whilst getting suited up in garage, then it starts real easy. Cold start procedure on these batteries is something to be aware of.
There's a good example in the link I posted above.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 05:12 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
There's a good example in the link I posted above.
Yeah, i watched that. Never had that happen to me, maybe not cold enough. Even in winter it starts 2nd crank....after I have left ignition on for a minute or two...I guess thats warmed it through enough

I dont ride in temps below say 5 deg Celsius ambient though.....

cheers
bogie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode