New bike for me - C.S.S Disco Volante - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

New bike for me - C.S.S Disco Volante

Hello at all, I am new here and I want to show my MV Disco Volante that I have since two weeks. The MV Agusta museum confirmed me the frame number 405.../35 as a C.S.S. with Earles fork from 1954. The bike has the normel CS engine and not the CSS engine. The price was OK I think - 5950.- Euro in Slowenia. What do you think guys? Tank original steel and not a replica. I am looking for the smal cover from the left side on the engine. Did anyone have one for sale? Regards from Germany Jarno
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Site Sponsor

Very nice Jarno! I hope you ride it and enjoy it as often as you can. I have one as well and in a way, its a "Time Machine", it takes you back to the days.

My best!
Alex

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

916 276-1080 cell
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:38 AM

Welcome Jarno! That's a great looking CSS Super Sport you have there. They do not turn up very often. And the price you paid seems like a bargain. I might be able to help you find a points cover, will contact you by PM message. Best, Ivan

1954 MV 175 CSS Super Sport
1957 MV 175 CS Modello Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Ivan, I do not want to ride it this year. First I want to have new chrom on the parts and I will rebuilt the engine (need a new piston) and I want to look for all bearings and seals. When I can ride it next year it was OK for me. Hope I find this small cover and maybe an SS engine with number 45.... instead of mine 47.... engine. Regards from Germany Jarno
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Once again....also a petrol cap was nice to have. Mine seems to be an original old one but the inner part of the cap is misssing. Is there a replica cap on the market? Regards Jarno
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Established Member

Hello Jarno, very nice bike and a good deal. I'm also from Germany and I'm just working to restore a 175 CSTL an a 175 Sport from 1957, perhaps no Disco Volante but the same engine an frame. So let me hear of your experiences.

Best wishes
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnoparoni View Post
Hello at all, I am new here and I want to show my MV Disco Volante that I have since two weeks. The MV Agusta museum confirmed me the frame number 405.../35 as a C.S.S. with Earles fork from 1954. The bike has the normel CS engine and not the CSS engine. The price was OK I think - 5950.- Euro in Slowenia. What do you think guys? Tank original steel and not a replica. I am looking for the smal cover from the left side on the engine. Did anyone have one for sale? Regards from Germany Jarno
Congratulations on your beautiful bike, you seemed to have got a bargain . Well done
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Certainly did get a bargain.
One sold at Bonhams in paris last month for twice that amount:
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21768/lot/236/
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for answers! Have anybody the smal cover from the left side? Regards Jarno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode