` - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Smile Disco Baby Disco

Finally I thought I'd unveil my "Disco Volante" #10 in the MV collection

I hope this doesn't become of those long laborious threads about what does & what does not constitute a Disco Volante. It may be an argument that the beneficiaries of my estate may have to undertake one day but it does not interest me.

What I know is that this definitely a 175 - it definitely has a "disco" tank in steel - it was owned by a respected mechanic in Empoli (Tuscany) who sadly passed away a couple of years ago, he lovingly built this bike over many many years (much like I did with my Tributo Ago) and it held a special place of pride in his collection. The history is well known to the President of the Vinci Moto Club D'epoca who in turn is a close family friend of my relatives & well known to me from my previous visits. This bike was his personal recommendation as it rides like a dream and in his view "It is right that it should pass from the hands of one fanatic to another"

It is currently residing my relatives' garage in Tuscany while I wrestle with the decision of whether to import now or leave it there and fly over in June to do one of the many classic Italian 'road races' in summer - the Milano to Taranto or perhaps Giro D'Italia or something else? ..... can't decide.

Last edited by MVista; 12-17-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Lovely.....do the Giro and write an article about the experience for us...

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 06:57 AM

Rob, looks great, where will you put it ? You're going to need more space ? Leave the F3 with me if it helps !

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:58 AM

Dats boo-tee-full, dats whad dat is.

Rob, I know several people who have done the Motogiro d'Italia multiple times. It's on my bucket list.
Have a look here at Vicki Smith's photo memories of giros past. If you're only going to do one then do "The One", "The Original", the Motogiro d'Italia.

http://photos.ducati.net/Motogiros

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Big Randaddy

Ship it home by way of Bubbatown......visit it here.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Lovely.....do the Giro and write an article about the experience for us...
I'd definitely chronicle the event if I got that way - you should know that from my past form Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Dats boo-tee-full, dats whad dat is.

Rob, I know several people who have done the Motogiro d'Italia multiple times. It's on my bucket list.
Have a look here at Vicki Smith's photo memories of giros past. If you're only going to do one then do "The One", "The Original", the Motogiro d'Italia.

http://photos.ducati.net/Motogiros
Thanks Stephen, the biggest stumbling block is that it is an unknown factor - I'd hate to do all that & then have an insurmountable breakdown 50 miles into the event. This is not one of my bikes that I have had for years and know intimately & can assess the likelihood of a decent run.

Lots to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Ship it home by way of Bubbatown......visit it here.
LOL - the long way round eh Randy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Rob, looks great, where will you put it ? You're going to need more space ? Leave the F3 with me if it helps !
Thanks John (god we STILL are waiting to catch up, embarrassing)- it seems I've trained my relatives well

I think this one will have to go into the billiard room as well - the garage is full and it is even worse that that Christian has got a Brutale 1090R

You want the F3 over your place?

ARE YOU SURE?

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 AM

robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbie

i luv ya man
so happy for u my friend
awesome bike
tough decision for u, but one that im sure will be right

so christian got a brutale 1090... really wow, still got the mito too, ?
hope so... one day im bringing my bed and sleeping in that garage with a night light on so i can sleep peacefully and literally count bikes instead of sheep to sleep

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 AM

bello

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Smile The Happiest Guy On The Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbie

i luv ya man
so happy for u my friend
awesome bike
tough decision for u, but one that im sure will be right

so christian got a brutale 1090... really wow, still got the mito too, ?
hope so... one day im bringing my bed and sleeping in that garage with a night light on so i can sleep peacefully and literally count bikes instead of sheep to sleep
Man oh man, thanks Robbie your unbridled enthusiasm/excitement always puts the biggest smile on my face - maybe I am just buying these bikes to get your reaction

Yes Christian has a 1090R (keeping a secret from Randy that there's a Brutale in the family now) and the Mito as well - he can't legally ride the Brutale until December 2014 which is when he qualifies for a full licence , there's a long story behind the bike could not say no, will tell you in person when we catch up in March - I'll be in Melbourne then

If sleeping in that garage is your dream, just come visit, you don't have to bring a bed, we'll move one downstairs for you, anything for you Robbie my upbeat friend

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode