2013 Giro Di California - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

2013 Giro Di California

Here's a photo I snapped at the end during this years Giro Di California. It shows the beautiful winery the awards banquet were held at. The GdC has been held at a different location in California every year since 2005. This year it was in Temecula out in the wine country.

Sorry I don't have better photos, but I was too busy to take many pictures. I managed to win a 2nd Place 125 Class award in the regularity scoring on my Motobi, and the 3rd Overall Award. With 37 entrants this year that was not easy.

A '57 MV Agusta Modello Sport won the 175cc Class, and took the 1st Overall Award.

But although I am proud of all that, I'm more starting this thread to encourage you all to try and join us next year. Surely for the 10º Edizione there will be efforts made to make it even more special and fun. The location is not determined (and anyway the route is secret until your entry is accepted). It will most likely happen somewhere more central in California, where they can find some more nice secondary roads suitable for small vintage bikes. We have always had great weather, beautiful roads, and a family style camaraderie, they try really hard to make it a special event.

You can read a lot more about this event at the website, which is pretty good. Lots of photos from past events.

http://www.girodcalifornia.com/

Check it out! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!
Attached Images

1954 MV 175 CSS Super Sport
1957 MV 175 CS Modello Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 07:40 PM

New Site Garage
Looks very cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris
2008 Brutale 910R
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 08:11 PM
TKO

Hi Ivan,

Nice showing, congrats! Looks like a great event. I would have loved to go. I inquired back in May about registering and was told I would be added to the list for when applications would be sent out. Never got one and kinda forgot about it. Is there a secret password or something to go with the secret location?

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Hi Ivan,

Nice showing, congrats! Looks like a great event. I would have loved to go. I inquired back in May about registering and was told I would be added to the list for when applications would be sent out. Never got one and kinda forgot about it. Is there a secret password or something to go with the secret location?

Tom
Hi Tom! That's a bummer! If emails sent to [email protected] or to [email protected] get no response, send me a PM anytime and I'll forward your request to the organizers at their personal email.

Better yet, you can sign up for the Yahoo group and introduce yourself. Updates get posted there and the organizer reads the posts and responds when needed. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/girodcalifornia/info

1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA

Last edited by hulagun; 10-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Wow Congrats on you efforts Ivan - that seems a sweet event, perhaps one to add to my (motorcycling) bucket list

It is not that expensive to get bikes back & forth to LA especially if no taxes are applicable which they aren't when you are the existing owner. Certainly one to think about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Wow Congrats on you efforts Ivan - that seems a sweet event, perhaps one to add to my (motorcycling) bucket list

It is not that expensive to get bikes back & forth to LA especially if no taxes are applicable which they aren't when you are the existing owner. Certainly one to think about.
Great idea. We have riders from as far away as Scotland and Hawaii, and this year I saw one bike had an American Samoas license plate.

There were 3 or 4 women along this year, all good riders, some have done the event several times. Maybe that speaks to the quality of the event, it's not a bunch of louts, but it's still loud laughs and good times.

For bikes, there was a good mix of Morinis, Gileras, Motobis, Benellis, and Ducatis, plus two MV Agustas, some Bianchis, a Laverda 100, an Aermacchi 175, a Mondial, and even a NSU 175.

I'm pretty sure next year will have a few more MVs!

1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Site Sponsor

Thanks for sharing... I will be part of the next one. Have you seen or know John Goldman, from San Francisco?

Alex

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

916 276-1080 cell
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

A link to lots more great photos

http://photos.thecreeper.net/Motorcy...ifornia-9-2013

1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thanks Ivan,

Sensational pics and looks like a great fun crew as well - makes the idea of hitting that Giro more & more

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Xav
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagun View Post
Here's a photo I snapped at the end during this years Giro Di California. It shows the beautiful winery the awards banquet were held at. The GdC has been held at a different location in California every year since 2005. This year it was in Temecula out in the wine country.

Sorry I don't have better photos, but I was too busy to take many pictures. I managed to win a 2nd Place 125 Class award in the regularity scoring on my Motobi, and the 3rd Overall Award. With 37 entrants this year that was not easy.

A '57 MV Agusta Modello Sport won the 175cc Class, and took the 1st Overall Award.

But although I am proud of all that, I'm more starting this thread to encourage you all to try and join us next year. Surely for the 10º Edizione there will be efforts made to make it even more special and fun. The location is not determined (and anyway the route is secret until your entry is accepted). It will most likely happen somewhere more central in California, where they can find some more nice secondary roads suitable for small vintage bikes. We have always had great weather, beautiful roads, and a family style camaraderie, they try really hard to make it a special event.

You can read a lot more about this event at the website, which is pretty good. Lots of photos from past events.

http://www.girodcalifornia.com/

Check it out! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

Bonjour

I went to see the reports on the link that you put, and I came across this photo ... http://www.thecreeper.net/giro6/2-mo...ges/image1.htm

Huh ? What ? An R8 in California ??? Excellent !

Well, a little off topic ...

This little car "motopropulsée" was great. Agile, powerful, and impeccable road handling.

My father had the sports version, the R8 Gordini. He drove everywhere thoroughly, and having fun on mountain roads.

A great memory for me.

My mother drive also a small Renault very nice, The Dauphine

End of off topic ...

And thank's for your report

Bien Cordialement

Xavier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode