MV250B parts needed. intro. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

MV250B parts needed. intro.

hello!
I am working on a 250B I just got today. this is not my first vintage italian bike, but it is my first MV twin( i have a 125 TRA).
My focus for the last few years has been oddball italian singles (lots of motobis/morinis/capriolos/mondials/etc). this 250B is rough, but motor/frame looks good, so maybe i can turn it into something interesting. I need some parts, and some advice.

need a shifter lever.
part number on the 250B is 211.09.02.0.00. dont have a 350 parts catalog. I assume it is the same as the 350. I know the OD(looks like 13.5mm(1/2")) is larger than the 125-175s. it's actually the same size as a riverside 125 (benelli) kick lever (so i have something to build rearsets from). would like to find something else that will also work.

I also need rider pegs. i can make some early duc footpegs work but if the right pegs are available, that would be better. maybe not necessary once i build rear sets.

motor on the 250B actually looks great. starting to try to get some spark on one side from a buncha jumpers before i tear the whole thing apart. I have a LOT of experience with generic italian (NC ducati/etc) dansi flywheel and coils. looks like this requires a 6v battery to spark(generator). the wiring diagram in the user manual is better than nothing. Anyone have a total loss or minimal wiring diagram before I get too deep into a pile of jumpers.

btw. I have a lot of vintage italian parts/etc available for trade (mv and non-mv). maybe i have something you need
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 PM

Welcome to the forum!

If that is the 250 "scrambler" that was recently listed on ebay, good on you! That should make a fine bike someday.

Sounds like you plan a cafe racer and that's fine. I know Cafe Racers are all the rage right now (again), but just thought I'd throw a vote out for the dirty alternative.

Here's a related link (check out the July 27 post):
https://www.facebook.com/dirtyrottenscramblers?ref=hl

Building something along the lines of a Regolarita or Enduro out of it instead won't hurt the value if you do a nice job, and it would be rare and unique.

Here's another link - to a good thread here on MV dirt worthy bikes: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44315

1954 MV 175 CSS Super Sport
1957 MV 175 CS Modello Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA
Old 08-13-2013, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

ivan. it's the ratty 250B road bike. looks like good motor and frame. the rest is rough. yes. its the 250B posted on "dirty rotten scramblers"
maybe it'll be a cafe/flat track/road bike when i'm done. not sure yet. it certainly wont be a stock bike, not enough good parts to build that

Last edited by motorusti; 08-13-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorusti View Post
yes. its the 250B posted on "dirty rotten scramblers" maybe it'll be a cafe/flat track/road bike when i'm done. not sure yet. it certainly wont be a stock bike, not enough good parts to build that
You mentioned rear sets so *sounded like* a cafe racer...

The great thing about basket cases, 'specially scarce ones where finding orig parts is a headache, is it provides a great opportunity to build it your way! A 250B in original form is not real pretty, so it will be cool to see what you build!

1954 MV 175 CSS Super Sport
1957 MV 175 CS Modello Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA
Old 08-17-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

yes.IMHO the 250B is aesthetically awkward; is it a japanese bike, or were they building a small black pig? . I would love to build a regolarita, but i am trying to keep the cost down, and reusing the good existing head pipes helps me to do that. the nice thing about the bike is that the mileage (467) looks legit. popped the head and covers(most likely for the first time) and there's no wear or wrench marks on anything. I am searching for a usable heel toe shifter lever, as the original shifter got lost during shipping it would be nice to build without rear sets first.
i am pretty sure it's going to end up as a street bike(cafe style most likely, maybe with a full fairing, i think i have a vintage fairing lying around that'll fit). everything I need from the original bike is good (motor/frame/hubs). everything else is probably going to be replaced.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Established Member

Lets see some pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999 Ducati 600 Monster
1990 Ducati 851
1979 900SD Darmah
1974 MV Agusta 350B Sport Electronica
1971 Lambretta GP150
1966 Lambretta SX200
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

before picture is below.

right now it's stripped down to a pile of parts. lots of bead blasting today, and frame repair. in addition to the rotting out of the battery tray, the frame support under the tray was also rotted. working on welding in a replacement.
planning on using marzocchi forks/triples I have lying around to replace the undersized rusty fork tubes/triples. cerianis would be better, but i only have baby cerianis lying around (sold off the rest).
if you've seen this frame, I am tempted to remove the rear loop. not sure I can find a tank long enough and a seat to cover it without it sticking out.
motor appears to be honest to goodness less than 500 mile motor.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...psaa09842b.png
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

dropped some parts off at the powder coater. also soda blasted the motor. cleaned up nicely. will be out of town on work for a day or two. when i get back I need to start on the wheels. have plenty of 18" WM2 36 hole flanged rims (i've been hoarding them). looks like spokes are the same as duc singles (159mm). have those in stock. just need to disassemble wheels. soda blast and buff/polish hubs/plates/etc. spoke and true. order some tires (probably bridgestone battlaxes). have to buff/polish motor covers and cases. covers are easy. cases/cylinders/head is slow.also need to starton a replacement wiring harness. bike has a relatively complete harness, so it's just build the same thing again.

way too many small italian bikes to list!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

looking for a long tank. something over 25". Airtech sells a nice tank (MVS2). but would prefer to find a nice unusual steel or aluminum vintage tank rather than a new $500 tank. maybe you have something that is stylistically interesting? anyone have any experience with the indian made aluminum tanks?

way too many small italian bikes to list!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Established Member

Rusti,
Here's a couple of long tanks- not as long as you want though:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Benelli-250-...ca819b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Benelli-250-...9953ea&vxp=mtr

I have a tank you may like- send me a pm with your email and I'll send a picture.
Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in