Rear sets for the Sport - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Rear sets for the Sport

Can't seem to get rear set adjustment to my liking. Its the gear gear side for my 750 sport. Very limited adjustment
Took bike out today after adjusting it 4 times. Is there other rear sets that have more adjustment and suit these classics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Nah - I think classics were just meant to be awkward & uncomfortable, that way you don't forget what you are riding

Actually it will be interesting to see what others come with regarding peg options - I don't know about the Sport Adrian but my America suits me perfectly and there is not a lot of adjustment to the shifter either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 PM

I'm guessing you mean there's limited adjustment on the threaded rod, Adrian? Have you tried moving the (slave) lever to an alternate position on its splines before adjusting the rod length to suit? The foot-pegs are fixed, of course, so there's little else you can do with the standard set-up. I find my own bike is quite comfortable - especially sans fairing, since I can now close my knees around the tank whilst I'm riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750four View Post
I'm guessing you mean there's limited adjustment on the threaded rod, Adrian? Have you tried moving the (slave) lever to an alternate position on its splines before adjusting the rod length to suit? The foot-pegs are fixed, of course, so there's little else you can do with the standard set-up. I find my own bike is quite comfortable - especially sans fairing, since I can now close my knees around the tank whilst I'm riding.
Steve , I've tried both. I think the problem for me is the foot pegs are to positioned to high .Gearing up / shift down is fine but shifting up I find very awkward for my feet. I guess my big feet don't help.
There is only so much you can do with adjusting rod and
Slave lever which I've tried.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Steve , I've tried both. I think the problem for me is the foot pegs are to positioned to high .Gearing up / shift down is fine but shifting up I find very awkward for my feet. I guess my big feet don't help.
There is only so much you can do with adjusting rod and
Slave lever which I've tried.
Damn those big feet of yours Adrain.

There's nothing that can be done, I think you have to admit failure and send her off to a good home ....... as it happens, I know OF a good, nay better than good, an outstanding home that she could go to.

You have my number Adrian

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 AM

I'm happy to drop by and have a look as I have yet to see the bike.

Russ
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 AM

If you, or someone you know, is handy with the spanners, Adrian, you could maybe adapt a set of aftermarket pegs to suit. There are plenty that resemble the originals, and wouldn't look out of place. Some here:
http://www.motocicliveloci.it/ingles.../pedane_uk.htm

Failing this, maybe Mr. Magni can point you in the right direction? I'm sure he'll have knocked-up a set or two over the years!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Damn those big feet of yours Adrain.

There's nothing that can be done, I think you have to admit failure and send her off to a good home ....... as it happens, I know OF a good, nay better than good, an outstanding home that she could go to.

You have my number Adrian
Lol, I will have to adapt and get used to it if I can't adjust them. Will never admit failure on this bike.
But I will never sell it. I did not think I would enjoy riding it as much as I have , it's something you don't and wouldn't understand unless you rode it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
I'm happy to drop by and have a look as I have yet to see the bike.

Russ
Thanks for the offer Russ, yes you will have to come past one day to see it. Want to take it out again as I made another adjustment to the rear set.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750four View Post
If you, or someone you know, is handy with the spanners, Adrian, you could maybe adapt a set of aftermarket pegs to suit. There are plenty that resemble the originals, and wouldn't look out of place. Some here:
http://www.motocicliveloci.it/ingles.../pedane_uk.htm

Failing this, maybe Mr. Magni can point you in the right direction? I'm sure he'll have knocked-up a set or two over the years!
Yes I have been looking at those sets they have, but not sure if they will improve at what I already have . If the pegs were able to adjust /rotate i would get my position right like i have on my f4. Yet to see a set of these that suit the bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode