mv 125 parts needed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

mv 125 parts needed

I have a 1956 mv 125 or 175 (not sure yet what it is exactly) that is completely torn apart. I want to put it back together, but I need help! I need gaskets, an exhaust pipe, maybe something to modernize the magneto, a manual of some sort, anything you think could be of help.
I live in northern California so I would love to meet with someone in the nearby who has a similar bike or experience with them.
Thanks!
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM

Hi Greg.

Welcome to the forum and indeed the world of classic MV ownership.

Put a picture up if you can.

If it's 1956 and OHC it will be a 175, if pushrod it will be a 125cc. The 175 pushrod engine didn't appear untill 58. Of course this is assuming it's a 4 stroke.

You will find all you need in relation to parts, info and manuals etc at the MV Owners Club of GB. http://www.mvownersclub.co.uk/

There classic spares scheme will help you with parts including new exhausts etc. Just speak to Jerry Ashton here [email protected]

There is also a wealth of info here on this site and across the web so you should be well served.

Have fun.

Dorian.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 PM

hi and welcome

There is a thread somewhere in the classic section which has a list of parts suppliers for classic Italian bikes including a possible source of gaskets and another for reproduction exhausts. Some may no longer exist but it will be a starting point.

cheers

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 06:35 AM

Call me a Grumpy Old Git if you like but wouldn't it be nice to get a reply or thanks when you help out a new member!!

I'm not the only one on this forum who has gone out of there way to welcome and help mainly new classic MV owners. Discussions are taking place behind the scenes as to whether we should bother.

Others views on this would be most welcome.

Maybe i'm just beinf too old fashioned!

OK moan over

Dorian.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM

I thank all you guys on here who have helped me out and giving me advice also. I would be lost without you guys, thanks Dorian,Rob and Russ. Cheers
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Call me a Grumpy Old Git if you like

OK moan over

Dorian.
I think you're only suffering from extended hibernation.

Don't worry. Spring is a-comin'
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Question Classic Bikes - Classic Manners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Call me a Grumpy Old Git if you like but wouldn't it be nice to get a reply or thanks when you help out a new member!!

I'm not the only one on this forum who has gone out of there way to welcome and help mainly new classic MV owners. Discussions are taking place behind the scenes as to whether we should bother.

Others views on this would be most welcome.

OK moan over

Dorian.
Grumpy Old Git!

There, done Dorian, no one can accuse me of an inability to follow direction.

A highly valid point you bring up, I think a simple 'thank you' is pretty painless really and does go a long way, I've had a couple of instances here where I've sent resources - diagrams, pics and not a simple thanks in return - kind of leaves me cold.

That of course, won't stop me helping others if I can, but if you message me & I am less than enthusiastic about helping or replying you can assume you are one of those that I just spoke of.

Funny you should mention old fashioned Dorian, we go with the old fashioned bikes & supposedly love what the era offered - manners were a big part of that era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I thank all you guys on here who have helped me out and giving me advice also. I would be lost without you guys, thanks Dorian,Rob and Russ. Cheers
This certainly doesn't apply to you Adrian - it's a pleasure to watch you blossom under the weight of expectation & duty that classics seem to bring with them, you remind me of myself a long time ago & I still don't know anything, so there's a peak into your future Sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Adrian.

I certainly wasn't including you my friend. Your well on the way to being inflicted with the MV virus as much as most of us on here

Your most likely right Oepie it has been a VERY LONG winter as you know. Gues what though?.....i actualy got out on an MV today

Rob.

I consider being old fashioned as a highly desirable quality, well the bit's that suits me anyway

Now let's see if i have shamed anyone into coming forward!

Dorian.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

I just read your posts. Thank you so much. I'll check into what you have suggested and post again after I do.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfauss View Post
I just read your posts. Thank you so much. I'll check into what you have suggested and post again after I do.
It worked

No, seriously Greg, your welcome and as Oepie says it was no doubt just me suffering from the wintr blues.

Dorian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode