750 America - New Owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

750 America - New Owner

Posted this on the Yahoo board, but thought I'd check here as well. Just took delivery of the 750 America that was at the Mecum auction in Monterey. It is a 76 model that under the dirt and grime has a grand total of 5500 original miles. It is fitted with 32mm Dells (the stock 26mm Dellís were also included along with the original air box, manifolds, etc.) and what looks like Magni exhaust (the carbs and exhaust were installed in the late 70ís, so not sure if it came from the factory spares?) It also came with the standard chrome pipes and black and chrome mufflers that had obviously been sitting on a shelf for a long time. It has wire wheels with drum rear and dual Scarab discs up front. The bike was last ridden in the early Ď80ís by the previous owner (confirmed with him) and has been sitting with fluids drained ever since. It was obviously stored indoors as the finish on the chrome and paint is in amazingly good shape for having sat with little attention all those years.

So, having worked on a variety of Ď20ís to Ď80ís exotica (and not so exotic) for many years along with a few more recent two wheelers, I thought before I dig in too far, Iíd ask the group for their collective wisdom on where to start and what to do to get this beast running again. I have a factory workshop manual, but no spare parts book. I definitely need to rebuild the original Scarab brakes and it needs a variety of small bits (does the club have access to consumables? How does one actually join the "Club"?), and possible handlebar switch assemblies. Anyway, advice welcome.

Thanks.

Chuck S.
Attached Images

Last edited by wallaman; 09-05-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Congrats on your new 750 America! Please post photos : )
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Congrats on your new 750 America! Please post photos : )
Congratulations & YES pics!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Wow...congrats....there are several members here with connections for spares and such. Pretty much a;; overseas (UK?)
By introducing yourself you have joined this "club"...but there is on in the UK that you need to get connected with if I am not mistaken.

And we all love pictures!!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Pics added. I think I'm going to run it without the fairing for now. The engine is just way to cool to be covered up

Thanks.
Chuck S.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaman View Post
Pics added. I think I'm going to run it without the fairing for now. The engine is just way to cool to be covered up

Thanks.
Chuck S.
Could not agree more, absolute shame to cover up that engine!

It looks not much I can say is there????

I guess it had a bar end mirror on the left judging by the 'hole' there - it seems a shame to put mirrors & blinkers on it but alas we live in the real world

Magnificent Chuck, simply magnificent, may you enjoy it in wonderful health.

Cheers
Rob

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks MVista. Unfortunately, I didn't get the stock front turn signals or stalks (the PO looked, but couldn't find them), so not sure what I'm going to do about that. The turn signal switch doesn't appear to be working properly either, so I may go sans turn signals front and rear for now. Not sure about the bar end mirror either. Pretty sure it had one, and will likely put one back.

Chuck S.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Established Member

Fairing or not, that bike is gorgeous.

Toby

Current Rides:
2002 MV Agusta F4 750
2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
2000 KTM Duke II 640
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
1966 Ducati Sebring 350
1965 Ducati Bronco 125
1958 MDS Super Dart
1964 Yamaha YTD1
1973 Suzuki TS125
1973 Honda CT90
1966 Honda CL77 (2 of these)
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star
1983 Husqvarna WR430
1949 Ariel VB 600cc Sidevalve
(Plus a whole herd of parts bikes)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 12:23 AM
JSM

Congrats W, bike looks in excellent shape and.........................definately"no fairing" however you may consider the Magni 3/4
Attached Images

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Congrats on what looks like a superb bike Chuck. For parts try sending a PM to Dorian (one of the members on here)that's if he doesn't see your post first! He (along with a few others on here) is a mine of useful information when it comes to Cascina Costa bikes.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode