assen mv agusta - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

assen mv agusta

any one know what model history of this bike is i seen at the assen moto gp this year what a noise it made starting up
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 05:07 PM

God, what a beuty...
I've never heard a classic MV before. Would love to see this in real life

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 09:25 PM

It looks like Phil Read's 1974 500 but with a diferent tail section. Those wheels have to be post 70s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 PM

You're right, I didn't think of that, the wheels look quite modern compared. Maybe a replica or a bit of modification?

Still very pretty all the same

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

That's a Magni - donor MV 750 motor (or possibily even 600) - chain conversion not sure about the frame. After MV closed down they fiddled with ther own versions. Arturo Magni was the legendary race director for MV Agusta thru much of their glory days.

The sound thru the open Magni pipes is to die for!

http://www.magni.it

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 AM

Here's how the Magni pipes can sound. I've posted this link before, but for the more recent arrivals on the site it will give you a laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGdhT0e5WU
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 AM

I'd hazard a guess that it's a a Magni MV. If it is a full Magni then there were quite a few options available to customise the bike to the owner's specification including frame, forks, brakes, pipes, tank, seat, fairing, engine. Magni produced wheels similar to those (they may even be Magni rims) which were used on the 750 America as either an option or as standard (for the later manufactured bikes including the 850).

For me, the full Magni MV is the pic of road going MVs.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750four View Post
Here's how the Magni pipes can sound. I've posted this link before, but for the more recent arrivals on the site it will give you a laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGdhT0e5WU
Thanks! That had me grinning the whole way through.....classic!!!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 05:27 AM

I visited the 'shed' of the owner of the America earlier this week. He has put some baffles in the pipes since the video was taken. Amongst his small collection of sports bikes are some classics (MV America, '76 & '79 900 SS Ducatis, '71 750 Sport Ducati, MHR mille Ducati, Laguna Seca F1 Ducati, 750 SFC Laverda) along with some modern Ducatis (851 through to 1098 R & Desmocedici), a Sport Classic Guzzi a la MVixen, some Bimotas and an Ago MV.

He's a nice guy who keeps all his bikes in pristine condition cleaning them after every ride (yep, he does ride his bikes)

He also has a few exotic Italian cars (Ferrari, Maserati and Lamboghini). Might try and take some pics of the collection in the near future.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 05:38 AM

HI.

Lovely bike that with a wonderful period racer look.

Standard road engine and a modified factory frame, not a Magni frame.

You can see the bent tubes where the top rail joins the rear subframe, Magni frames are all straight here. Also if you look at the mod to allow for the chain you will see a bit of a cut and shut job ie; two right angle beends etc. No Magni frame would ever be like this.

The Magni chain drive conversion came with a frame mod that you had to do to your excisting factory frame. This ment attacking your lovely, new and expensive bike with a hacksaw, welding in a new piece and repainting. I'm glad mine was done before i got it!!!!

The complete frames from Magni where of a differenr design and of course didn't need this as they where designed to be chain drive from the start.

The thin wall open Magni pipes have a sound all of there own.....spine chilling and VERY NOISY

Dorian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode