My 350B @ Spa - Bikers Classics 2011 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

My 350B @ Spa - Bikers Classics 2011

Well the Classics are over and I'm back in Oman.
Although we had rain on Friday and some showers on Saturday we had a great time. Finally I raced in 6 Runs out of the 9 Runs possible. I left out the first session on Friday because I'm simply to slow in the mornings. The third Run didn't happen for me since a nut of the cylinder base came loose and I had quite some leak. The thread was simply stripped off. Now find a new M8x1 in the paddocks. After browsing through spare boxes of many real friendly fellows, I got a new nut from Heinz Rosners MZ-RE spare bike. The stud bolt had some windings left and we were able close the leak to a minimum. The bike felt so much better this time and it was a real pleasure. Everything new worked really well. The new shocks, the new rear sets, the new handle bars and by far as best the new Ceriani front brake. What a performance difference, I'm still braking always way to early for the power of this package.
Well the bike stuttered always again on higher loads and speed. So I was a little slow on the straights. But my friend and I believe we are close to solve this issue. We will see next time, once I have a new 12 Volt alternator and the fuel cocks match the size of the PHBH28 inlets.
Plus we will give the carburetors dampening support.
Well I found Layne and it was a great pleasure to meet him. Sadly I didn't found time to get back into his teams pits and I don't even know where the Kawa's ended up at the 24 hours.
So here are some photos of me and my Frecchia Rosso.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the story and photos, Ralf! Looks like you had a very good time
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Hey Ralf..Glad to hear you had a good time at Spa and the weather didn't deter your fun..

Maybe, next year I'll join you guys there..

I heard the AC/DC tribute band in the evening was good .

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Stunning, looks like great fun.

I'm going to stalk this, and every 350 thread until i can finally find one for myself!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Wow Ralf - I am thrilled to see you had a great (and of course safe) time.

I love the blue 70's MV race suit like they had on the original Ipotesi brochures. Looking sharp my man

Also, an Arai Ago helmet - they haven't made those since the late 90's. Sweet

Thanks for the pics Ralf, warmed my heart, I really must get to one of those events!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Yeah guys, it was in deed a fun time. Spa is such a nice track, the fellow riders / enthusiasts are phenomenal people, to see all the vintage bikes is mind blowing. The 50 years anniversary display of Yamaha race bikes was sensational as well. And no I didn't saw the band, we had just a too good time in Box 17.
And yeah the 75 MV Agusta catalogue inspired me to get the suit done in this colors.
Sadly my friend forgot my new blue Daytona boots at home.
In deed the Ago helmet is from 2001. Basically he was retired already, but I thought he is still good enough for my 39 years old bike.
And yes You guys should come over there next Year. You will not regret.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM

Hi Ralph.

Lovely to see those pictures and i'm glad all went OK.........even better next year i think!

The mention of the 1975 catalogue prompted me to show you these. I got them the other day and they are brand new, never used. Now i jist need the leathers, boots and helmet

All the best.

Dorian.
Attached Images

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 AM

THOSE are awesome...

'70 Triumph T100R Flat Track
'74 350 Elettronica
'64 Tevere Motocarro
'76 350 Ipotesi
'68 Vespa Super
'64 Vespa Cushman 150
'73 Honda Z50
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Wow Dorian, You have almost everything MV Agusta offered once upon the time. I saw such a pair a few moons ago on ebay, but the guy couldn't tell what size they were and I had doubts that they would have fitted my small hands. Oh well, I found three Years ago the Spidi Replica 77 gloves. They are amazingly comfy and I use the Franco Uncini model which fit also quite well. A because of the era where they were used and B because of the blue. By the way they are still available @ www.replica77.com
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 AM

Sounds like a great meet Ralf and enjoyed the pics.

Dorian, how the did you come across the gloves? I've come across quite a few rare MV brochures and posters (even have a couple from the factory before it closed down) but never the leathers, gloves etc. Hoping to one day find the record (LP) from the catalogue but I think I will have a better chance of winning lotto.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode