MV 750s - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

MV 750s

Hey... the current (Dec) issue of the 'Classic Bike Guide' magazine http://www.classicbikeguide.com/ has a good feature (5 pages) feature on the MV 750S. Just picked up a copy today. Beautiful bike! Scroll down the link for more details on the magazine's feature on it. Cheers Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 12-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 AM

Thank for the heads-up on the magazine Brian.

Wonder if that really is a 'new' tank the bike's wearing? Nicely finished, but having watched the vid. the colours look wrong to me. The red in particular looks dark. All the same, it's not the first time I've noticed a difference in shade on the various 'Sport' models. Maybe the earlier bikes wore different paint to the later ones

It's difficult for anyone restoring one of these machines, in that there were so many variations on the same theme. One has to become something of a 'pedant'! I've noticed round tail-lights vs square, black painted clock surrounds (beneath the support) vs alloy, square bodied carbs vs round, chromed bands around the fork dust seals vs none, MV badged clocks vs Smiths, slotted torque arms to the front drum vs solid etc., etc. These stainless silencers are new to me though. Hand made by Pipecraft? Very confusing!

I believe MotoMecca of London brought this one into the UK from Italy. It was loaned to Bike Magazine by them in 1983, and road tested. At the time it wore the America tank. They thought it expensive at close to 5,000. Ha!

Steve
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750four View Post
Thank for the heads-up on the magazine Brian.

Wonder if that really is a 'new' tank the bike's wearing? Nicely finished, but having watched the vid. the colours look wrong to me. The red in particular looks dark. All the same, it's not the first time I've noticed a difference in shade on the various 'Sport' models. Maybe the earlier bikes wore different paint to the later ones

It's difficult for anyone restoring one of these machines, in that there were so many variations on the same theme. One has to become something of a 'pedant'! I've noticed round tail-lights vs square, black painted clock surrounds (beneath the support) vs alloy, square bodied carbs vs round, chromed bands around the fork dust seals vs none, MV badged clocks vs Smiths, slotted torque arms to the front drum vs solid etc., etc. These stainless silencers are new to me though. Hand made by Pipecraft? Very confusing!

I believe MotoMecca of London brought this one into the UK from Italy. It was loaned to Bike Magazine by them in 1983, and road tested. At the time it wore the America tank. They thought it expensive at close to 5,000. Ha!

Steve
Yeah Steve I know what you're saying about the 'red' on the tank looking dark although at times in the video it's a little in the shade and they claim it was a brand new tank 'in a box'. I'm sure it's a 'minefield' regarding authenticity of these bikes and not 'knowing' them as you do you'd really need your wits about you before purchasing one. I have to say your bike is absolutely beautiful looking through your photo album. I've never seen one 'in the flesh' but if money weren't any object there's no classic bike I'd want more. I wish you every health to enjoy that bike that is real 'motorcycle art' Cheers Brian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
I wish you every health to enjoy that bike that is real 'motorcycle art' Cheers Brian.
Thanks Brian!

My uncle didn't stop riding his Suzuki RG500 until the age of seventy . It's performance had become too much for him.

The MV's a pussycat by comparison, so hopefully I'll still be out and about on it when I'm eighty ..so long as I've the strength to take it of its stand .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode