:: MV Club of GB - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

:: MV Club of GB

Just wanted to publicly thank Dorian for rendering me sterling assistance on the weekend re spares & advice for the Flying Ant.

I spent an enjoyable few hours with both Lois and Dorian as we talked (and looked at) bikes. Came away with a much needed spare engine for my 2-bolt 125 TR only a few hundred numbers away from the existing one.

I would urge any of you Classics guys and girls out there to join the MV Club of GB to help keep these superb bikes on the road. It's a good little mag and the spares fund is second to none.

Now to write that promised piece for the mag.....

Oh, Oepie you came up in our conversation btw. Both you and I are nominated as the only known examples of individuals crazy enough to ride these machines on a daily basis. Tell me it ain't so, there must be more of us out there.....

Cheers one and all.

Sheriff of Nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Lois and Dorian are good folk. As for the MV Club magazine I look forward to receiving your article and photo's.

Regards

Jimbo (Magazine Editor)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 PM

I can second Dorian's assistance and knowledge regarding classic MVs.

As for daily transport .. my bikes are purely pleasure although when summer comes and the new registration scheme for classic bikes is implemented (limited use per year and a log book) then the occassional trip to work may be in order.

Hi Jimbo ... congrats on your first magazine although I do wish you had edited my article on my semi famous ... a bit better. The semi famous bit was ownership by Nick Mason of Pink Floyd fame.

cheers

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboF4 View Post
Lois and Dorian are good folk. As for the MV Club magazine I look forward to receiving your article and photo's.

Regards

Jimbo (Magazine Editor)
+1 except I would change that to fantastic folk!

Dorian/Lois if are reading this - I hope you get to the Novegro Scambio and if you do, please do let me know, I would love to catch up and have lunch (on me of course) as thank you for all your superb help, prompt advice, efficient service with my classics

Cheers
Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Established Member

Also from my side a heartfelt thank you for your help on many topics!

Br from Vienna

Helmut
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 06:18 AM

Hi Guys.

Well, i don't know what to say, except THANKS for all your kind words.

Trust me, i really does make a difference, especialy on mornings like this when i got back at 2 am from a trip to get spares from the club stores!

Most of all we have to keep these wonderful old MV's on the road where they belong..........not just as some over polished display item that never turns a wheel. Woops, sorry, going off on a tangent there.

Rob, i will drop you a email re Novegro this week.

All the best and thanks again.

Dorian.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 02:21 AM

I haven't posted in a while, but I completed the Giro d'California on my 1956 175 MV I purchased almost a year ago. The bike was a stunner on the outside, but a bit of a mess internally and Dorian deserves a bunch of credit, so THANKS! I had only put 8 actual miles and that was in 3 rides in maybe 4 months as each ride was proceeded with a tear apart...So I wasnt expecting to do so well as it ran perfectly for the entire race.

I am the one with the Ducati jacket:
http://www.thecreeper.net/giro6/4-tu...es/image36.htm

Dorian- thanks for the parts, and even more important the measurements for this and that and general transfer of knowledge. I would not have been able to accomplish my goal of running in the Cali Giro if not for your help. Thanks to your wife as well as she is just great with getting the parts out !

ALSO: Dorian's showcased in the latest issue of Italian Motor magazine (if you haven't seen it...get it):
http://www.italianmotormagazine.com/...ent_issue.html

Cheers,
Jason

Last edited by Digitalmafia; 11-04-2010 at 02:26 AM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 05:46 AM

Cheers Jason.

That's exactly what i was talking about...........get the things out and ride em!

I was hoping to keep the magazine artical thing quite......now the cat is well and truely out of the bag

All the best.

Dorian.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 08:32 AM

Yeah, there's always time for a cup of tea, good advice and a few wild bike stories at Dorian's place!

I'm glad you keep the Ant running, Jon. London would be a duller place without it.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Sorry Russ,

The current issue of the mag was done at breakneck speed, due to a number of reasons, and Jeni the management team and I were up against a really tight schedule. We also had to trial running the construction of the mag via a graphics artist who done us proud. Hopefully the next edition will allow us a little more preparation time. Lame excuse but the honest truth.

Really appreciate your input into the last issue, to be honest without your support, articles and photo's there would not have been a magazine at all this time.

So I am looking for even more from you and the Aussie boys and girls for the next edition.

Cheers (and promising to do better)

Jimbo

MV Owners Club of GB Magazine Editor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode