mondial 125 parts wanted. similar to disco volante? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

mondial 125 parts wanted. similar to disco volante?

I am looking for 2 parts for my 58/59 mondial luso 125. might be the same as disco volante?

I need bars. these are the 2 ring bars that sandwich the top clamp. similar to some morini and rumi bars. the mondial bars are considerably thinner, and weaker (hence the busted bars), but the disco/morini/rumi bars should work, and might last longer.

I also need a steering damper knob. this is the plastic knob. it has a triangle and a circle on the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 11:19 AM

Hi Motorusti.

These what you looking for?

I have the other lever blade somewhere.

Dimensions. Top hole 22.7mm
Lower hole 24.8mm
Approx 20mm between plates

Dorian.
Attached Images

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

nope. close, but not the right ones. I do need other fb mondial parts for 175TV and 125 champion. also mv agusta 250B parts (particularly rider footpegs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorusti View Post
nope. close, but not the right ones. I do need other fb mondial parts for 175TV and 125 champion. also mv agusta 250B parts (particularly rider footpegs)

It took you nearly 3 years to figure that out

That's going to take longer than my 'Ago Tributo' project which took 15 years to complete.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 08-01-2013 at 08:14 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I am looking for 2 parts for my 58/59 mondial luso 125. might be the same as disco volante?

I need bars. these are the 2 ring bars that sandwich the top clamp. similar to some morini and rumi bars. the mondial bars are considerably thinner, and weaker (hence the busted bars), but the disco/morini/rumi bars should work, and might last longer.
Motorusti, the "clip on" bars used on 54-56 MV Agusta 175 Sports (incl. 1954 "Disco") were also fragile. Good original ones are scarce. Functional new replacements are available in Italy, might be good for your purposes if you can locate a pair. The ones I have seen in person don't replicate the originals exactly.

One of my MV 175's has a set of Morini? "clip on" bars on it that might suit you, but I'm not ready to give them up until I can repair my damaged originals or find good replacements. These look like they came off a Morini Corsaro and were modified to fit the MV. If you track down some "Disco" bars I'd be happy to swap you these!

Dorian, what brand/model are those "clip on" bars in the photo from? They don't look like "Disco" bars.

1954 MV 175 CSS Super Sport
1957 MV 175 CS Modello Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Left Coast USA

Last edited by hulagun; 08-04-2013 at 11:49 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

yeah. it has been a long time between posts (3 yrs). I solved the original mondial 125 champion clipons problem a few yrs ago with a bit of help from a fabricator who repaired/replaced rebuilt the broken original mondial bars.Now i need some more parts for some other mondials i am working on (175TV/125 champion tanks/fenders).

I also need a couple things for an MV 250B I bought recently. most pressing is a shift lever. it looks like the shaft is 13.5mm dia. does someone know what other levers might fit?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
yeah. it has been a long time between posts (3 yrs). I solved the original mondial 125 champion clipons problem a few yrs ago with a bit of help from a fabricator who repaired/replaced rebuilt the broken original mondial bars.Now i need some more parts for some other mondials i am working on (175TV/125 champion tanks/fenders).

I also need a couple things for an MV 250B I bought recently. most pressing is a shift lever. it looks like the shaft is 13.5mm dia. does someone know what other levers might fit?
Welcome back

Surely that lever wouldn't be any different to the 350B (am guessing here but logically I be surprised if the company went to the extent of redesigning those bits on the 350B). I'd certainly the MV Owners Club of GB - even if they don't have it they'd know for sure.

Cheers
Rob

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

part number on the 250B is 211.09.02.0.00. dont have a 350 parts catalog. I assume it is the same. I know the OD is larger than the 125-175s. it's actually the same size as a riverside 125 (benelli) kick lever (so i have something to build rearsets from).
motor on the 250B actually looks great. starting to try to get some spark on one side from a buncha jumpers before i tear the whole thing apart. I have a LOT of experience with generic italian (NC ducati/etc) dansi flywheel and coils. looks like this requires a 6v battery to spark(generator). the wiring diagram in the user manual is better than nothing. anyone have a total loss or minimal wiring diagram before I get started?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

starting a new non-Mondial thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode