Sunday surprise! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
JSM

Sunday surprise!

Decided to ride the America to one of the biggest Car (over 1000) and Bike (over 300) shows in Oz, the Shannons Euroa Show and Shine last Sunday; was only planning to park outside and have a quick look around and........thats where we started by leaving the bike under the watchful eyes of the officials at the gate and proceeded to have a look around; 15 minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder from another Official asking "was that my bike at the gate?" and........ on reply ---- yes he suggested it comes inside and goes on display then....... he and two others decide it should be entered (which they promptly took care of) then........ they asked if I would take the baffles out for the crowd and start the bike we did of course and within a few minutes it was standing room only then.......
as I was about to leave............they suggested I stay for the judging and awards so............. we did and....... after handing out the various category winners it came down to "Best Bike In Show' and..............low and behold............. the America wins (couldnt take the Trophy home though) I didnt even give it a clean before I left
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSM View Post
Decided to ride the America to one of the biggest Car (over 1000) and Bike (over 300) shows in Oz, the Shannons Euroa Show and Shine last Sunday; was only planning to park outside and have a quick look around and........thats where we started by leaving the bike under the watchful eyes of the officials at the gate and proceeded to have a look around; 15 minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder from another Official asking "was that my bike at the gate?" and........ on reply ---- yes he suggested it comes inside and goes on display then....... he and two others decide it should be entered (which they promptly took care of) then........ they asked if I would take the baffles out for the crowd and start the bike we did of course and within a few minutes it was standing room only then.......
as I was about to leave............they suggested I stay for the judging and awards so............. we did and....... after handing out the various category winners it came down to "Best Bike In Show' and..............low and behold............. the America wins (couldnt take the Trophy home though) I didnt even give it a clean before I left
fantastic! amazing bike and i love that you are out riding it rather than just looking at it.

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 AM

Brilliant JSM! The last time I parked up in the car park at a show, there were soon more spectators in there than there were in the display tents. Ho ho! Old MVs certainly draw the crowds. Congrats on winning 'best bike'. It's a shame you couldn't take the trophy home though. I will always regret letting the previous owner of my bike keep the 'best in show' trophy he won when he displayed it. To my mind, it's part of the bike's history, and should stay with it.

It's great that you're out and about on your America though. A treat indeed for the crowds. Keep spreading the faith!!

Steve

ps. ..I envy you the fine weather there. It'd done nothing but rain here for days. B*gger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 AM

Awesome result

That bike so not surprised you won
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 AM

New Site Garage
Talking ooh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by greminn View Post
fantastic! amazing bike and i love that you are out riding it rather than just looking at it.
+10 on what Simon said.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750four View Post
Brilliant JSM! The last time I parked up in the car park at a show, there were soon more spectators in there than there were in the display tents. Ho ho! Old MVs certainly draw the crowds. Congrats on winning 'best bike'. It's a shame you couldn't take the trophy home though. I will always regret letting the previous owner of my bike keep the 'best in show' trophy he won when he displayed it. To my mind, it's part of the bike's history, and should stay with it.

It's great that you're out and about on your America though. A treat indeed for the crowds. Keep spreading the faith!!

Steve

ps. ..I envy you the fine weather there. It'd done nothing but rain here for days. B*gger!
Steve,
One of the organisers is going to bring the trophy across to where I live amazing service! (although I think he is a wine lover also) we have had our coldest / wet winter in 10 years and last weekend was the warmest for some time so out with the beast however felt a bit guilty winning the prize as the MV was far from "detailed" (cases were anodised, exhaust showing a bit of rust) but will now spur me on to give her a spruce up

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
+10 on what Simon said.
D, it certainly gets a "flogging" when where out (plenty of "back roads" where we live) and although a bit of a handfull on the track, the sound is amazing
Attached Images

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM

good to hear they had to twist your arm really really hard
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf4 View Post
good to hear they had to twist your arm really really hard
Just a passenger..............and......... literally "went along for the ride" BTW, check the rides section for the next trip to AB

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 PM

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode