Classic MVs at Olivers Mount.. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Classic MVs at Olivers Mount..

Two 'threes' and a 'four' at Olivers Mount. Some on-board video. (..and a Honda six to finish) Magic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdEDpOF2dU&feature=sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Mint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

OMG - I think if you live your life as good person when you die you to place where God gives one of those MVs and you can ride it evey single day all day long

That is the true meaning of heaven

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Fabulous

Thanks for brightening a boring day up.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM

Really nice to see the Team Obsolete MV's running. When was this event held ?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 PM

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting!!!

The older I get, the faster I was!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post

Not sure exactly when this was recorded haupti. I subscribe to 'shineysideup's' channel on YouTube, and he posts some amazing bike related videos. I'm guessing in was at one of the Barry Sheene Classic Road Race Festivals which are held there each year in June or July.

There'll be a large contingent of 'classics' at Olivers Mount this weekend too, I suspect. It's the 60th anniversary of the Gold Cup races.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750four View Post
Not sure exactly when this was recorded haupti. I subscribe to 'shineysideup's' channel on YouTube, and he posts some amazing bike related videos. I'm guessing in was at one of the Barry Sheene Classic Road Race Festivals which are held there each year in June or July.

There'll be a large contingent of 'classics' at Olivers Mount this weekend too, I suspect. It's the 60th anniversary of the Gold Cup races.
Thank You very much. My question was because I just spoke last week with a friend, who knows Mr. Ianucci, about the remaining of the Team Obsolete MV's. According to our sources did Mr. Ianucci leave AHRMA a few Years ago and is so not allowed to race in vintage bike races in the US. So I wonder about the status of the Team Obsolete MV Agusta's and will try to get in contact with Mr. Ianucci. In my eyes is it a shame that we can not see his bikes, and he has around 15 factory racers, on track anymore. Thats why it would be very interesting to know when this event was held.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:30 PM

great footage. An impossible dream of mine is to own and ride a factory race bike, even a small capacity bike.

It would be good to know what has/is happening with the Team Obsolete bikes. I was flicking through the Moto MV Agusta book by Colombo & Patrignani and came across reference to the Team Obsolete bikes which indicated they had been raced by El Ghamyan ( half of Team Obsolete) and David Roper "who it is said managed to wreck much of the teams collection with his impetuous racing style". This is before the fallout between the Team Obsolete owners.

the book also indicates some of the bikes were sold as part of the resolution between the owners.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Question 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
I think that footage may be from Duke Video's Multi-Cylinder Magic DVD filmed in the summer of 1995.

http://www.dukevideo.com/Bikes/DVD/C...Magic-DVD.aspx

Great footage!

If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

2000 MV F4S
1992 Ducati 888 SP4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode