Milan - Taranto 2010. 350B Sport. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Milan - Taranto 2010. 350B Sport.

Hello all.

Just a quick thanks to all on this forum that helped me when restoring my 350B.

We (me and the bike) completed the epic Milan - Taranto rally last week without a hitch and did well in the class. It was a marathon.

Some pics as always.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 AM

Well done, mate!

Could you write a full story about it? Many on here will appreciate that.

Not a lot of Australians can say they took their old MV to the other side of the world to participate in a 2000km event. I take my hat off, Sir.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

My heavens - that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful, the little fortified township on the out crop, the old bridge - omg

I know safety comes first, but I would go with a period open face helmet & goggles & black leathers Too much? ok...heck just get over there, wow that is.........WOW.

Please if you can, keep this thread going as oepie above said - I am certainly one of the 'many' who would appreciate it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Hi there, thansk all for the comments.

I have a blog on the trip. www.milan-taranto.com Its a bit light on at the moment with regards to content, after a long day riding it was just another thing to do I'm afraid but there are more pics.

With regards to open face helmets - you are right - I was one of the few wearing full face but after I saw the face and head injuries of some of the competitors from the various offs I was sure I made the right decision (despite not falling off myself). I took period leathers but it was so hot and humid there I never put them on, again, all the old boys doing the race wore leathers - I guess I'm to soft.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:48 AM

Beautiful bike and photos
Cheers

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Established Member

Congratulations!

A really great performance, truly enviable.

It's nice to see that there are MV lovers, which are not only polishing and collect rare bikes but also drive them, for what they are made.

Terrific attitude - deep respect!

Br
Helmut, Austrian biggest MV fan :-)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Helmi View Post
Congratulations!

A really great performance, truly enviable.

It's nice to see that there are MV lovers, which are not only polishing and collect rare bikes but also drive them, for what they are made.

Terrific attitude - deep respect!

Br
Helmut, Austrian biggest MV fan :-)
This I can guarantee - Helmi is an MV lunatic straight out of my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350b View Post
Hi there, thansk all for the comments.

I have a blog on the trip. www.milan-taranto.com Its a bit light on at the moment with regards to content, after a long day riding it was just another thing to do I'm afraid but there are more pics.

With regards to open face helmets - you are right - I was one of the few wearing full face but after I saw the face and head injuries of some of the competitors from the various offs I was sure I made the right decision (despite not falling off myself). I took period leathers but it was so hot and humid there I never put them on, again, all the old boys doing the race wore leathers - I guess I'm to soft.
Yeah you're too soft but you're over there and we're over here so who's ?

Great blog - I'll keep following your adventure & I MUST get myself on one of those before too long.

I Loved the pic taken inside Piaggio's Vespa museum, I can't believe I missed that on my last visit, I am still crying about that but of course, it renders me the perfect excuse to return

Also noticed you straighten up Pisa's tower, nice work, I hope the locals don't lynch you for destroying their livelihoods

Ride safe, stay upright & enjoy!

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:31 PM

Fantastic and well done Martin.

As you have found out, these event's are great fun, but bloody hard work.........although worth it.

What you need to do now is find a way of spending the whole summer over here. Thay way you can just go from one event to another.

Glad the bike went ok as it's a real bummer when you have to withdraw because of a 'mechanical'.

What's next, the Targa Panamerica?

All the best.

Dorian.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
Nice Photos Fantastic

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Fantastic and well done Martin.

As you have found out, these event's are great fun, but bloody hard work.........although worth it.

What you need to do now is find a way of spending the whole summer over here. Thay way you can just go from one event to another.

Glad the bike went ok as it's a real bummer when you have to withdraw because of a 'mechanical'.

What's next, the Targa Panamerica?

All the best.

Dorian.
Hi Dorian, long time no see - hope you are doing great.

So what is that? when is it on? & How do I get there?

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode