More info MV Agusta TEL Turismo 150 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

More info MV Agusta TEL Turismo 150

So I have gained some info about bike. Fuel oil mix is 5% or 50ml of oil per 1000ml of low octane fuel. Still need to know grade of oil and volume for gearbox? Also if someone has access to owners manual, workshop manual and parts catalog that would help. Cheers,
Lucas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
50:1 is pretty standard with modern high quality 2-stroke oils. Your jetting may be off it is was originally run with 20 or 32 to 1 (common pre-mix ratios back in its youth). It will be too rich. More gas - less oil.

Your gearbox will be happy with any good motorcycle specific 10-40 oil. That's MA spec. Auto oils have friction modifiers that do not play well with wet clutches in motorcycles. Original spec was probably 30W .... but oils are much better now.

Should be an oil level screw in the side of the engine. Gearbox is full when oil comes out.... At least I think yours has an oil level screw. Fairly common on bikes with no dip stick, and sight glasses were unheard of back then.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks old wing nut. Yes just to be cautious I originally mixed 40:1 and seems to run just fine. Then found specs that indicated 20:1 back in the 1950ís with the oils available then. Seems way to much for modern oils as you have suggested.
Ď
Ive got both high quality Motul synthetic and mineral 10w40 oil. I will use the mineral oil. The engines left hand side cover has oil level screw you mentioned. Thanks very much for you input.

I need some parts. Specifically right now a front brake cable and some fuel tank tap washers. Anyone you know that could help?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Lots of sources for brake cables....not OEM 1950's MV parts, but brake cables are a pretty universal design. Just need to know length and ends required.

JP Cycles (Harley Specialty store) sells "cut to length" front brake cables..... maybe not what you want, but a Google search will find lots of suppliers you could contact with your requirements. I'll bet there is an old Honda cable that would be a perfect match.

Not sure what your fuel tap washers would be, but I will wager there is something out there commonly available that would work....unless it is some molded rubber seal of an unusual shape.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in