LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

175 manual project

I'm rebuilding a MV 175 basket case- in the process of trying to figure out what goes where I'm making drawings to supplement the poor parts manual and nonexistent service manual- I'll attach a couple of drawing of the transmission assembly. I'm having some trouble with the shifter mechanism- will send drawings with my questions later. Eventually, I'd like to get small batches of some parts made- will start another topic to discuss them.
Rick
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Nice drawings you have made there .... I see primary drive, clutch, kick starter, transmission shafts.....where is the shifter?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

This is the gear selector mechanism- there's a line stamped on the 3d tooth from the top of the gear quadrant and a notch ground into the spur gear on the drum- it's in the root between 2 teeth. I thought the 2 marks should line up, but they won't assemble into the crankcase when they're aligned- I need to do some more measuring/testing to see what the problem is- maybe someone knows how or even if the 2 marks align?
Rick
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I suspect the marks are supposed to align, but perhaps with the transmission gears engaged in a specific position? From the marks on the gears I would guess that is neutral.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 05:05 AM

Yes, the marks should align. I also struggled to align them, then found I was missing a gear but it easy to correct by removing the selector plate.
Which engine is it?
I rebuilt my CS175 and have a lot of photos of the internals if that helps.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:44 AM

HI chip if you look on E Bay there is a spares catalogue showing exploded drawings , its for the 175 CST-L etc , hope this helps
264378636942 this is the reference number on E Bay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in