Maybe some help for others - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes
  • 7 Post By FarkleGarage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Maybe some help for others

Recently acquired my 1968 ( title says 1967) MV Agusta 250B. Noticed the serial number on motor ended with 05.. I sent an email to MV Agusta asking them if they had any records as to production numbers etc... They replied and gave me the email address of the MV Agusta museum. [email protected]
Sent them a request asking for any info on my motor number. Did not tell them my frame number... Here's the reply...

Dear Mr. Brown
From our production register the engine 211005 was installed on the frame 211018
on the model MV 250 B sold on 9 July 1968.
The engine is really one of the first five engine.
The production of MV 250 B starting form 1968 and the first bike was sold on 19 June 1968.
235 bike were sold in the year 1968, of which 57 abroad.

best regards
for Agusta Museun
Dario Paganini
FONDAZIONE MUSEO SENZA INDIRIZZO.jpg
Via Giovanni Agusta 512
21017 Samarate (Fr. Cascina Costa)
Varese
http://www.museoagusta.it
Gruppo Lavoratori Agusta Seniores

That's my frame number!

Really helpful and a great "add" to the provenance of the bike I think. It came with the original Italian registration book
and a series of annual receipts showing same owner until it's export to the USA. I am the fourth owner....

Next task was to try and locate some replacement gas tank rubber knee pads. Kept getting pointed at Ariete in Italy.
They kept saying no, don't have. Another suggestion was Gommadepoca.it
Searched their site, listed many other rubber parts for my bike but no tank pads.. What the heck, sent them an email
requesting if they knew where I could get a pair. Low and behold they reply to tell me, sure, we have them!
Maybe this is all well known sources to most on here but thought I'd share in case there were other newbies searching..
Clive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 03:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
That's great, Clive. It's always good to know that the factory is so willing to help its enthusiasts. Somehow, I can't imagine the likes of Honda (and I'm a Honda devotee) and others offering the same level of service. Being 4th owner is a bonus also!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 05:42 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Perseverance pays off on the knee pads !!! Happy to learn of your good experiences.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode