5Likes
  • 4 Post By haupti
  • 2 Post By FarkleGarage
  • 2 Post By esq'z me
  • 2 Post By sarolea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

1967 250B new purchase

Hi all, new inductee here. Have tried the search function and Google but coming up empty....
Any estimates of how many of these bikes were made and or survive today? My motor number is 211005 , does that mean fifth one produced?
Have joined the British MV club and this forum. Any other sources for parts I should know about? I had found the parts book on line last week when just looking at bike and can not find it again! Anybody happen to have the link?
I do not actually take delivery of my bike until the 23rd but know it needs: Tank rubber knee grips, points and condenser. Also need a battery.
Can anybody tell me a correct battery model number so I can order one from my local battery guru? 6v neg ground is all I have been told...
Really appreciate any help, Clive.

Last edited by FarkleGarage; 01-09-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 06:44 AM

The correct Battery would be 6V 13Ah.
I send the Parts Catalogue already to Your e-mail address.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Have bike now

Thank you very much for those manuals!! Really Appreciated. I picked up bike today. Came with original Italian "Log Book"? and history.! Motor is # 211005 and frame is 211018... Believe this makes it a very early production?
I have tried to attach some pics but seems I am having issues... They are jpeg and are under the max size allowed? I will try again... The rear shocks look very different to any others I have seen? Are these correct or some kind of aftermarket shock? Appear to have adjustable sag and an integral reservoir laying horizontally?
Bike has been inside house for last 12 years. I'll start the cleaning process tomorrow, have shot Sea Foam into cylinders and carbs, shot all aluminum with WD40 and will wash her up after soaking for 48 hrs..
Definitely need the rubber tank pads, have the originals, not happy... The mufflers are pitted. Rest of chrome will come back fine.
Attached Images

EuroPapi and EuroPapi like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Very nice....looks like it's been traveling exposed and during some rain!! Those shocks are period correct, but I don't know if they are the originals. Maybe an upgrade. Looks like the rubber bushes are a bit deteriorated and have been painted over.

Looking forward to more pics.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Rain

Yes, of course it poured rain yesterday when I picked it up. Don't worry, I wiped it all down and put a large fan on her !!
Would really like to get an idea of how many 250B were produced in 1967.... Anybody? I have sent an email to the MV Agusta museum ( as suggested by MV Agusta ).... Clive.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 08:22 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Clive,

Framenumber 211018 sounds much better than the one you mentioned before. All 250B VIN's (and enginenumbers also) start with 2110..... I presume it's indeed a very early number, for the first 250B's were produced in 1967 (1967-1971).
Wish you good luck with your 250B.

Gianni
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 05:05 PM

Great bike! It's not often you see one of these twins

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode