Few queries 150GTL - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Few queries 150GTL

Hi all, new boy here and new bike, my first MV, it is a 1971 150GTL in stunning condition however I find it difficult to start as I have to literally bounce on the kickstart to get it over compression, I may add I weigh 11 stone and have always had bikes big and small and never struggled to turn them over. It seems strange as it is only 150cc, is this usually an issue? Another query is the carb, it is a 22mm dell orto which seems unusually large for a small 4 stroke, is this the standard carb? Finally does the 150 share the same cycle parts as the 125 and 175 of the same era, are they just a bored out 125? I would love to hear from other 150 owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Old tip for starting high compression singles......push the kick starter through until you come up on compression, then slowly push it just past compression. Now give it a good kick.

Some big singles from Japan had a sight glass and an indicator on the cam shaft so you could find TDC compression...and a de-compressor lever you pulled to allow you to move the engine just past that point (Yamaha SR500 as example). Otherwise you could never start it !!!!

Can't speak to your other questions, but I know some one here will.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Hi

I am not really familiar with 150GTL from 1971. Are you perhaps talking about the 150RSS which looks identical to the 125 GTLS or the 150GT? In that series, there is 125GT, 125 GTLS, 150GT and 150RSS Assuming, that we are talking about the same model, I had difficultly starting mine (125 GTLS) and found the gap in my points was too closed - it should .35 -.45mm on all those models (I've not heard of a 175 in that range) Before you going anything, please post a pic so that we can identify the bike correctly and are sure what we are talking about.

Cheers
Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode