Fly-Wheel Removal on a 150 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Fly-Wheel Removal on a 150

In an attempt to make some sense of the electrics - everything, coil, wiring, etc all missing as acquired - I decided to try and remove the fly-wheel. But how to hold it still when undoing the crank shaft nut? This is the answer I came up with, a bit crude but may help someone with the same problem. Nothing more that a length of 1" x 1/4" bar with two 1/2" "pins" fixed with their centre corresponding with slots in fly-wheel. The bar was drilled and taped and lock nuts fitted on top. In use the bar was laid across the nut with the pins in the slots, holding the bar in one hand and the spanner in the other the crank nut came off without damage. The fly-wheel has an internal thread for the puller, I was going to make this as well, but in the end idleness prevailed and I just bought one. Nothing got stressed (including me), photo shows the set-up
Attached Images

Last edited by Jacks the Lad; 10-11-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well done.... It's a good man who makes his own tools !!

Wouldn't have tried the puller, though. Too much work, and needs to be hardened. It's a smart man who buys the tool that are hard to make himself!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 05:02 PM

New Site Garage
Hey John, good to hear you decided to strip her off Good start from the flywheel, how does it look underneath?

This is how I took the wheel off:

to keep it from spining, I used pneumatic wrench and after a fast "Bzzz" noise, the locking nut came off. Then I used the flywheel extractor ( if you need this puller, I can look for the link , but it is quite a common measurement, easy to find)

You have to be absolute carefull removing the flywheel ! This is very important, and I hope the tool you made did not scratch any part of the coils and magneto. NEVER use a screwdriver to keep the wheel from spinning.

Test what´s underneath the wheel. Most of these bike after this long period, the points stop working properly. Disconnect them, check them, and pray they work.

Check also the rest in there, and make sure the electronics work, and also the clutch pusher is not stucked. If you need more info , I can add a link or two.

After assembling them back on, check if by spinning the flywheel manually or by kickstarter, you are getting AC voltage from the red and black wires that come from the generator. It should read around 2v-4v at this speed. ( With the enging working, it should supply 6,7v or so )

PD. I got your mail, looks nice the bike, but I bet there are many missing parts in thos boxes.

Regards,
Dong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 05:03 PM

New Site Garage
Motore MV Agusta 150 4tempi

this should help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode