1960 175 cc MV - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
1960 175 cc MV

Hi

Just joined the forum yesterday. Greetings from Sunny Pune, India
I have had a 175 cc MV for the past 30 years & have now decided to restore her. Would be grateful for info on following:

1) Restoration manual in English
2) Source of cycle parts like mudguards etc
3) source of engine parts like carb, electricals etc.

Thanks & ride safe
Anji
Anji Mehra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 03:37 AM
Senior Member
 
adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brighton, Melbourne
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji Mehra View Post
Hi

Just joined the forum yesterday. Greetings from Sunny Pune, India
I have had a 175 cc MV for the past 30 years & have now decided to restore her. Would be grateful for info on following:

1) Restoration manual in English
2) Source of cycle parts like mudguards etc
3) source of engine parts like carb, electricals etc.

Thanks & ride safe
Anji
I doubt you will find a restoration manual, lucky if there is a operation manual
Parts like guards,best source is ebay Italy ,or get made . doubt mv uk owners club would have these in stock
Source for parts:
The Mv owners group Uk, best source for parts but need to be member.
Second is the bike museum classifieds and then ebay ,Google
Carb parts: try Dellorto uk/euro carb
Power Dynamo for electrical
Cheers

1946 Mv Agusta "98"
1955 Mv Agusta 175cs
1960 Mv Agusta Rapido sport 150
1974 Mv Agusta 750 sport
1977 Mv Agusta 350 Felotti
2004 Mv Agusta F4 SR
2005 Mv Agusta Tamburini
2001 Ducati Mh900e Carbon dream
2004 Ducati 998R
2015 Vyrus 987
adrian is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I doubt you will find a restoration manual, lucky if there is a operation manual
Parts like guards,best source is ebay Italy ,or get made . doubt mv uk owners club would have these in stock
Source for parts:
The Mv owners group Uk, best source for parts but need to be member.
Second is the bike museum classifieds and then ebay ,Google
Carb parts: try Dellorto uk/euro carb
Power Dynamo for electrical
Cheers
Thanks Adrian. I managed to download a manual of sorts from the net, but it is in Italian.I bought this MV & a Moto Guzzi Falcone some 30 years back from an Italian priest here in India. Bikes have been stored since & am now doing a restoration on the MV.I can get most of the cycle parts made here. Will post a photo once I figure out how, Just joined the forum yesterday
By the way, have a lot of Brit Iron which Iam slowly restoring since the past 5 years. Currently restoring a Sunbeam 1921 & My BSA Super Rocket which I rode back overland to India from UK in 1965.
Also have a Ariel Sq 4, Norton Inter, Dommi, 1937 Velocette to name a few
Thanks & ride safe, Anji
Anji Mehra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Germany, Göttingen
Posts: 144
High Anji,

I'm looking forward seeing some pictures of your bike. I just working on a MV 175 too, so I'm very intrested about your experiences.

Part lists and owner manual you can download from the MV AGUSTA Club of switzerland. There is no workshop manual available.

Regards

Alexander
Johannestiger is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannestiger View Post
High Anji,

I'm looking forward seeing some pictures of your bike. I just working on a MV 175 too, so I'm very intrested about your experiences.

Part lists and owner manual you can download from the MV AGUSTA Club of switzerland. There is no workshop manual available.

Regards

Alexander
Hi Alexander

Happy to hear that you too have a 175 cc. All the Best in your restoration efforts. Will post some photos soon. Take care
Anji
Anji Mehra is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
1960 Mv 175

Hi Alexander
Attaching a few photos of the bike being dismantled
Anji
Attached Images
   
Anji Mehra is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Hi

Can anybody help in ascertaining date of manufacture. The engine no is 925397

The headlight rim says 18 . 11 . 54
A bit confused as the reg says 1960
Anji
Anji Mehra is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Germany, Göttingen
Posts: 144
Hi Anji,

I think it is a pushrod model. Nice bike. Have a look on this link:

http://www.mvagusta.com/media/filer_...mo-cst_eng.pdf

But the brake in the front wheel is from an earlier model like CSTL.

Hope you have fun and success with it.

Regards

Alexander
Johannestiger is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:37 AM
New Member
 
gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: netherlands
Posts: 35
New Site Garage
Hi Anji
The number you mention doesn't fit in the period before 1957 and certainly not in 1954. Probably is the reg correct: 1960 is more likely.

You shouldn't be very dissappointed for the bike looks it worth to be restored.

Greet'z
Gianni
gianni is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome