MV Agusta Forum banner

Serial number 001 for sale

5K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  Number70 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Now that IS special.....

#9 ·
For Real?

I did see that sometime last week and had a bit of chuckle I was thinking of posting it up here but then couldn't be bothered :eek:

Originally I thought it was joke post.:wtf:

Btw - that headlight, is from a Fiat :ahhh:

#10 ·
I did see that sometime last week and had a bit of chuckle I was thinking of posting it up here but then couldn't be bothered :eek:

Originally I thought it was joke post.:wtf:

Btw - that headlight, is from a Fiat :ahhh:
Robbie..........you'd have to build a new room for it.........with no windows ......and no door......and no lights.....yep the 600 is ugly

#13 ·
They say that beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. Well I suggest we pay that Beholder guy an unexpected visit tomorrow, and have him checked out for cataracts.

Boy... that is one ugly mf'er..

Truth right there John. I will never own a 600.

Have been thinking about the price too and my 1st guess of 250k to 350k does sound high.....I can get a GP bike for that....but someone will fall in love with it (a blind man) and pay whatever it takes to own #1

#15 ·
Interesting as I received an e-mail last week from someone contemplating the purchase of this bike. I had a look through Ian Falloon's 4C book where the bike is mentioned as being sold to Renato Galtrucco of Busto Anzio. He, at some stage, raced the bike. There are no photos of the bike, only of other slightly later bikes including the cycle world bike which cycle world. It was built on 26 June 1967. engine 199-001, frame199001. I find it interesting that the engine is gold. The price is just fishing so no one is really sure as to what it will fetch. As for riding, a friend has one and says it is fine although I am a bit suspisciuos about the cable operated Compagnola disc brakes.

#19 ·
Well, for dahamn sure that bike's ugly as a man's ass.....as for David and Dons....those guys are not so bad looking for Fweenies. :stickpoke

#20 ·
You're very kind, Randy. :)
Especially in my case.
Did you know that I moonlight as a mold for gorilla biscuits on the weekends?
Sure, it gets painfull getting your face pushed into semi mailable bakers dough for hours on end but it's well worth the minimum wage they pay me.

In all seriousness, I was quite taken by the date of manufacture.
Pure coincidence but a nice one to know.

#28 ·
I think a Britten changed hands about a year ago. The new owner rebuilt the bike with the intention of riding it at the Britten celebration in New Zealand earlier this. The price was in the vicinity of 1 million (currency unknown not that it really matters) but I might be wrong there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.