Norfolk Motor Museum - Pictures... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Norfolk Motor Museum - Pictures...

I visited this quirky little museum a couple of years ago, they had this very low mileage MV in there...

Needs a little love to be honest

Exactly what model is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 12:49 PM

350 Sport (Tipo 216)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks, mystery solved!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 01:21 PM

New Site Garage
It could also do with some brakes

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 05:55 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Wink Whaddaya mean?

It does have brakes (the mighty Sacrabs) and it stops (slows) just fine ................... when they work that is

One (important) thing I've learnt from riding the classics - braking is not a impulsive reaction it is a well in advance planned event.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 01:53 AM

Rob the particular bike in the museum is lacking at least the front brake caliper, as Ackers pointed out.
Well this sad looking example is doomed to be never ridden again, I guess.
And if, in the event the museum inventory gets auctioned or so, than the new owner would need to tackle this problem.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 12:50 PM

Does it actually have a back wheel?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 05:54 PM

New Site Garage
I think it might have a left side calliper as the cable seems to be going somewhere?

I love the "please do not touch the bikes" sign. Why? In case you do any MORE damage to them?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:47 PM

New Site Garage
Need a Tetanus shot just looking at that rotor. That's just a sad sight.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
Rob the particular bike in the museum is lacking at least the front brake caliper, as Ackers pointed out.
Well this sad looking example is doomed to be never ridden again, I guess.
And if, in the event the museum inventory gets auctioned or so, than the new owner would need to tackle this problem.
Indeed Ralf one caliper is missing at the front, the left one looks attached, I was having a bit of a joke with this (brakes) as those with any experience with these bikes/brakes either want to keep them to keep bike original or go with the Brembo retro-fit if they actually want to know they are going to stop

I've kept the Scarabs on both my Ipotesis I am lucky that my brother in law is a brake guru who makes seals etc for me as a family favour at his home and keeps mine (sort of) stopping. I tell you one thing for certain Ralf, I never late braked (on purpose) into ANY corner with either of those bikes, the older 350B drum brakes have much more feel and security.

I guess it is the case, as with the first fuel injected bikes that the last of the old technology is usually better than the first of the new technology.

It does brake (excuse the pun) my heart to see that beautiful little machine in that order, with so little mileage I wonder where it was stored to have deteriorated so.

Hope you are well as are your beautiful bikes

@ Reckler re: rotor - nothing a squeeze of the lever wouldn't fix on a ride, providing of course you could actually get the piston in the caliper, once you actually found the caliper, to move to make the pad make any/some kind of contact and that's a big proviso! I won't tell you of my test ride when we first did the brakes on the Tributo Ago Ipotesi in the early 'home made seals" development phase - we'll just leave it at I am here writing this solely because the rear brake did make 'any/some kind of contact'

And LOL @ Ackers re: touching!

Love this stuff!

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode