500/4 anyone? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

500/4 anyone?

I don't even know how I stumbled across this collection for sale in Sydney but I thought some of your guys might be interested.

http://racebikemart.com/adverts/Clas...1416101318.php

Cheers Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 07:27 PM

Not for me

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Wink Not Quite............

I would love an MV 500/4 - this is not one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 12:39 AM

This bike has been around for a number of years (in conjunction with a Vincent) for $200,000 or there abouts. The blurb that went with it was that genuine MV Agusta factory parts were sourced from all over the world at great expense to produce this replica 500/4. Unfortunately, the chain is on the wrong side to be an MV Agusta engine so as to the rest of the bike …

Rob's Agostini tribute Ipotesi (the one in his avatar) is better value.

Last edited by emmevi125s; 11-11-2015 at 12:41 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
This bike has been around for a number of years (in conjunction with a Vincent) for $200,000 or there abouts. The blurb that went with it was that genuine MV Agusta factory parts were sourced from all over the world at great expense to produce this replica 500/4. Unfortunately, the chain is on the wrong side to be an MV Agusta engine so as to the rest of the bike

It's also 45kg heavier than my 500/4 so not many factory parts I would suggest.

Agree re Rob's Agostini tribute

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 01:06 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
This bike has been around for a number of years (in conjunction with a Vincent) for $200,000 or there abouts. The blurb that went with it was that genuine MV Agusta factory parts were sourced from all over the world at great expense to produce this replica 500/4. Unfortunately, the chain is on the wrong side to be an MV Agusta engine so as to the rest of the bike

Indeed Russ, that's the bike!

I enquired about it some 4-5 years ago they were asking $80-90K for it in a single sale at the time from memory. I was curious as to these sourced parts (as per the blurp you correctly recalled) moreover I was curious at to what engine it ran, I still don't know - the person at the time was somewhat evasive and I simply gave up.

The Tributo was fun to build and I now have 1090R engine (which we've run) at home. This is being saved for a longer term project - I'd like to build a version of Julian's bike with the 1090R engine, I just need to get Christian on board.

I think we are a few years away from that project moving from my mind to the drawing board to the workshop floor but after the renovations are done, hopefully finished this time next year (I'll have a work shop floor - lol), I'll also have the perfect place to store it until we are ready.

To my way of thinking - if you can't have a genuine factory racer then Julian's (Bold Build) bike is a close as you'll ever go to the real thing and what a superb job on all fabrication & mechanical fronts.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:00 AM

hi Rob

For a moment I thought you were going to replace the Ipotesi engine with the 1098 R engine. Now that would have been an interesting project both in the build and the ride.

There was a F4 engine based classic bike built by the owner in about 8 months. It was an awesome looking bike. The owner had a build blog which may be worth following up for your project. http://www.jba.bc.ca/JBCycle/MVAgustaReplica.html

The Kays are building replica MV GP bikes which I think are original spec using modern materials. Details are on their website.

cheers

Russ
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Hey Russ,

Sticking that engine in the Tributo would BE an engineering feat to end all projects!

I did see that F4 build in Canada and followed a blog they had when they were building it - Amazing stuff and solutions to problems. I'd like to dispense with fuel injection and go to carbies of course, that would entail developing a whole ignition system for from scratch........perhaps a retirement job that one

Hope you've been well mate

Cheers
Rob

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 03:41 PM

Just for you Robbie
Attached Images

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 04:07 PM

...and the triple
Attached Images

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode