registered framenumbers - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
registered framenumbers

Hi there.
A few years now I'm one of the members of this MVAgusta-net, but I never posted anything so far. So I'm rather new here.
Recently I was able to buy an MV 125 gtl (1968) for restoration. It was completely dismounted. So I'm rather busy these days. My question: can anybody tell me where to find the registers of framenumbers and enginenumbers throughout the years. Or is anybody able to tell something about the numbers I found: *MV-655954 (engine) and MV GTL*657996 / IGM 4438 OM (frame). Period in which this model has been produced, how many of them and so on. Hope anybody knows and thanks then. Greets Gianni.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Big Randaddy

I can't offer any help Gianni, but I'd like to encourage your continued participation on the forum.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 04:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Brad Steeles
Ciao Gianni,
Here is a link to a register of numbers, but I do not think there is a definitive year linked to any particular frame or engine number. With most of the little MV's I have owned have had a casting date stamped inside each outer engine case. This is what I've used to approximate the actual year model. Hope this helps, Brad.
http://thebikemuseum.com/numbers.php

Steelsie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hello Brad,
Thanks for your information. I am affraid that there is no official productioninfo from the MV factory. But I'll keep trying. Thanks again and greets. Gianni
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Randarosa,
I appreciate your encouraging words. While restoring my MV I expect to be regularly present at the forum. Greets, Gianni
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 12:28 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni View Post
Hi there.
A few years now I'm one of the members of this MVAgusta-net, but I never posted anything so far. So I'm rather new here.
Recently I was able to buy an MV 125 gtl (1968) for restoration. It was completely dismounted. So I'm rather busy these days. My question: can anybody tell me where to find the registers of framenumbers and enginenumbers throughout the years. Or is anybody able to tell something about the numbers I found: *MV-655954 (engine) and MV GTL*657996 / IGM 4438 OM (frame). Period in which this model has been produced, how many of them and so on. Hope anybody knows and thanks then. Greets Gianni.
Hello Gianni,

I am about to buy the exact same bike from the same year. The chassis number of this unit is 657244.

Just for you to make a estimation of the units produced that year.

Regards,
Dong Xu
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Dong Xu,
Thank you for the VIN of this bike. I am working on a database of the little MV's singles and I added the VIN you mentioned. What I learned is that between 1966 and 1969 the MV-factory produced 1974 units of this model. The system of registration of the several types and models is not quitte clear to me yet. Hope that other members and owners will inform me about the VIN of their bikes.

Hope that you suceed in buying the bike and please show your little rare beauty on this forum.
greetz,
Gianni
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Established Member

As i know, frames were built in batches and received a number before being stocked. When a bike was built, they took a frame in the stock without any attention to the number, so a frame with a higher number coud be used before a lower one.
I dont know if the same process was used with the engines of a same model, but i think not because some models had difference in cycle parts and shared the same engine with different model number stamped on the case.

The difference between a man and a child is the price of his toys
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi GTW36,

I think that you are right; this explanes the more or less irrational registration throughout the years of production. What I noticed so far is that the registration of some models, produced in late sixties more consistent is.
Conclusions of the few data I've collected now (for instance):
VIN of 125 TR / TRE always start with 60xxxx (before 1955) and 61xxxx (after 1955)
VIN of 125 GT / GTL always start with 65xxxx (before 1970) and 66xxxx (after 1970)
VIN of 125 Sport always start with 218xxx (after 1975)
VIN of 150 GT always start with 64xxxx
VIN of 150 RS always start with 85xxxx

I keep searching and again: please let alle owners inform me about their VIN's.

greetz,
Gianni

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode