Back after 30 years - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Back after 30 years

Now I just had the first roll-out with my 175 ctsl, only a few meters, than I saw an oil leak between head and barrel. Probably I forgot the little gasket between. But the engine startet and run.
I found the bike as a basket case completly in parts about 30 years ago and it was not easy to get all the missing parts and the knowlegde how to fix it together again. For many people it does not look nice, but I like it this way.
The engine got a piston from the ss and we made new valves from car-parts. The carb belongs to the cs, DellOrto MB 22. All the bearings are new, the wirering and and...

When I am back from our holiday trip, I will care about the oil leak and hope, that I can test the bike for few miles.

Thank you for your helps

Alexander
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 03:18 PM

I hope I can get my CS running in less time than that, mostly because it means I'd be 86 by the time I got it running!
Congrats on getting it going though.

It also looks like you've got quite a nice collection of toys!!

Chris
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Established Member

It looks fine to me- good to see an MV back on the road instead of sold off as parts.
I appreciate how long it can take to build an incomplete MV- both incomplete parts and incomplete documentation. Working on an MV makes me appreciate the service manuals that Ducati, Moto Guzzi, etc, provided.
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

In fact it was a great effort for me and I had to learn a lot to understand the technic of the engine and the whole bike. And it is not so easy for someone like me who is not a profi to get all the informations about the development of the different 175 MV models.

So it is a great pleasure for me to work on such a project, it is like a kind of archeologie. Now I am looking forward to the next project: there is a wreck of a 175 CS and once more I am looking for parts and for ideas how to repair all those things to get a real MV again.

Alexander
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 06:43 AM

So, for these 175's, there weren't any workshop manual's made? Ever?
How did you put the engine back together with no info?
Just wondering.

See Ya!
Chris
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Indeed, therebis only a part list and the owners manual, you can download from the homepage of the Switzerland MV AGUSTA Club.

I bought a second engine and than I always could have a look how it works. I am not the great mechanic. Some advice I got here from Ivan, thanks.

I will tell you how the bike runs when I have repair the oil leak and can ride for some miles. Now we start a holiday trip for some weeks and the little bike has to wait.

Alexander
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 09:28 PM

I was sort of wondering how one goes about getting the cam timing right, with no workshop manual to tell you a damn thing.

See Ya!
Chris
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 09:59 PM

Congrats on finishing bike,fantastic job. I know how tough it can be ,trying to find parts for these old Mv's . It's a lot easier now with Internet ,but before this it was really hard.

1946 Mv Agusta "98"
1955 Mv Agusta 175cs
1960 Mv Agusta Rapido sport 150
1974 Mv Agusta 750 sport
1977 Mv Agusta 350 Felotti
2004 Mv Agusta F4 SR
2005 Mv Agusta Tamburini
2001 Ducati Mh900e Carbon dream
2004 Ducati 998R
2015 Vyrus 987
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you adrian. At Chris, I did with a Plate which shows the degrees. I hope I did it right, its not a problem. The correct times you can take from the owners manual.

Alexander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode