is there a protocol for lifting someone else find for your own? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

is there a protocol for lifting someone elses find for your own?

so i posted here that i found an old mv by me and was looking for some info on the model. a member on this forum used my photos and info and went and bought it before i had chance to get back to town. several members reached out me to say that if i didn't buy it to post it for sale so someone could get it. i would think this a pretty opportunistic move by someone. most people asked me first since i was definetely set on purchasing the bike. the owner even said this person used my ad and pictures to find the bike

thx
allen

Last edited by amamet; 07-08-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:33 PM

Poor show isn't it. I've had similar on other (car) forums. Sadly there are some very selfish people in this world.

Bike - 2005 F4 1+1s - Almost stock except for Silmoto cans & de-cat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Location - bottom left corner of the UK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

i know, just got back in town and planned on building it for my wife. the member in question jumped all over my find. at least my bikes dont sit on mirrors (check my other post for the offending opportunist)

allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:19 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Poor show, yes, but you did post it on the Internet, on an MV specific enthusiast forum. Also information contained in your post states where your location was and what kind of motorcycle shop it was at. You should play your cards closer to your chest I think.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

yup, did post it here along with the bevelheads forum (i restored a 1974 ducati 750gt) . should have bought it asap, i know. just that the person used my info, so many people gave me the courtesy of asking me first. thats what bugs me
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Red face Ah- The Wisdom Of Solomon is Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
Poor show, yes, but you did post it on the Internet, on an MV specific enthusiast forum. Also information contained in your post states where your location was and what kind of motorcycle shop it was at. You should play your cards closer to your chest I think.
Agree 100% with Ian, having said that, there's no way I would have made that purchase under those circumstances. I must admit when I first saw the original post I (now) regret not for doing it but I was going to PM you and say "What the hell are you doing just go get the damn thing RIGHT NOW and if you change your mind next week/next month/next year - I'll take from you!"

I have been very fortunate with my acquisitions, with people being both, helpful & benevolent towards me knowing the kind of home the bikes were going to and wanted them to do so - my America and Raid being the optimum examples of that for those the know the stories. I kind of think of all people being like that - wrong obviously.

At the end of the day you are who you are and all people are different.

I understand your frustration but you have to let it go and move on otherwise it will do your head in.

In the interest of balance, the purchaser didn't go down next day either - there was 13 days between post and purchase which could have made one think - that you "Didn't think it was worth it". The fact that you were out of town would only have been known to you. I could easily have made the purchase under those circumstances.

I will say, that had I made that purchase & found out that info later I'd now sell it back to you, those that know me, would know that's a straight up statement but there's no chance of that happening in this case. I am just saying...............

I do genuinely feel sorry for you though.

Cheers
Rob

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

I agree with Ian and Rob.......

when you're looking for a rather rare and obscure object and find one........

probably shouldn't tell anyone

when I bid on ebay....... it's in the last few seconds

never before

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Totally over it. No big deal. It was just that the owner said to me "some guy from a mv forum came in with the information from my photos". That doesn't sound like a friend or someone who already knew about it. Anywho I have a beautiful 74 ducati 750 a guzzi lemans 1 and have a lead on a laverda 750 and multiple Ducati single parts. Got my hands full. Hopefully I'll be back on this forum someday
Allen
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 06:53 AM

Allen,
Your story about Ed telling you that I came there because of your stinking post is complete BS, and you know it!
Ed told me that there were about 5, YES 5, other people that had all of a sudden started calling him about the bike. So, yeah, there were OTHERS that saw your post and were going to buy it! I just made it there first. And again Jerky..................it had NOTHING to do with your beloved, blessed, heavenly, posting about the bike.
GET OVER IT YOU FRIGGING BABY!
I guess this thread is to try and get the mods to kick me off the forum????????????????????????
Hopefully they have a spine, unlike some.
Call me if you want!
973-727-8596
We can go down to Ed's together so he can verify that I ain't the guy that "stole" the bike because of your posting!
Let's see if you do it.

Chris
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamet View Post
i know, just got back in town and planned on building it for my wife. the member in question jumped all over my find. at least my bikes dont sit on mirrors (check my other post for the offending opportunist)

allen
Here's the pics, for all you other guy's, so you don't have to go back to the other sacred posting...............

Not a mirror, as I think a 500 pound object just may break it, but an example of my metal polishing! It was a badly corroded chunck of aluminum/alloy that I found laying buried under leaves for years. I guess I should be flattered that Allen thought it was a mirror. And ALLEN, the bike gets ridden, probably more than ANY other MV 750 in North America. All spring, summer, and fall, it's in the garage ready to get ridden. It's when the weather gets nasty that it's moves into the living room (my wife's idea BTW!!!). Allen, notice the Christmas type decorations on the window and the SNOW outside????

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode