Martin Moto Modern Classics - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Martin Moto Modern Classics

I went to the Martin Motorsports (Boyertown, PA) Modern Classics Show today and saw a number of beautiful bikes. There were, however, three bikes that were of particular note for me, all MV. Well, maybe two plus something else, as it was only part MV bike – a 1965 MV Agusta Trasporto Tevere. The front suspension on this Transporto Tevere is standard MV motorcycle, and the 10 hp four-stroke motor was shared with the Tevere motorcycle. This Trasporto was beautifully restored although it was missing the windshield.

The second beautiful piece was what the Transporto was transporting- not sure which model MV this is but I hope some of you experts can chime in and identify it.

The third piece was another great Albert Bold build, a gorgeous 1976 750 America. I'd love to hear this thing roar!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gitano; 03-09-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs up Very Cool

I would love a Trasporto Tevere down the track - the bike on the back (I'd like a better angle) looks like a 175 CS Turismo Lusso.

It is shame it is not a 235 Tevere as then the "truck" and bike would have shared the shame engine, it is not very often that you could replicate that scenario - too cool.

The swing arm on the America looks strange - did it have a chain conversion? If so, it would make prefect sense.

Great photos, thank you for taking the time to post them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
I would love a Trasporto Tevere down the track - the bike on the back (I'd like a better angle) looks like a 175 CS Turismo Lusso.

It is shame it is not a 235 Tevere as then the "truck" and bike would have shared the shame engine, it is not very often that you could replicate that scenario - too cool.

The swing arm on the America looks strange - did it have a chain conversion? If so, it would make prefect sense.

Great photos, thank you for taking the time to post them
Cool photos. Rob I can see you driving one of those with bike on the back to a show. They are so cool

1946 Mv Agusta "98"
1955 Mv Agusta 175cs
1960 Mv Agusta Rapido sport 150
1974 Mv Agusta 750 sport
1977 Mv Agusta 350 Felotti
2004 Mv Agusta F4 SR
2005 Mv Agusta Tamburini
2001 Ducati Mh900e Carbon dream
2004 Ducati 998R
2015 Vyrus 987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 PM

New Site Garage
How awesome, wouldn't it be great going down pit lane in a "truck" like that.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Cool photos. Rob I can see you driving one of those with bike on the back to a show. They are so cool
I can see that too Adrian, I'd just have to make sure the show wasn't too far from home otherwise, it'd be an extended holiday to get there and back I can't imagine top speed being 60kph loaded up

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

MVista, you asked for more photos to better ID that bike on the Trasporto, so here you go.

As for the America, the chain is on the other side (lousy picture, but here it is), so I don't believe there are any modifications there.
Attached Images

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thanks for that Gitano.

I think I am going to stick with my original assessment with the 175 but realised my typo should have read - 175 CTSL

The America has indeed had a chain conversion - that was point that I made that the swing arm looking 'strange' from the other side - the America, of course, in factory configuration came with as shaft drive.

Thanks again

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 03-09-2015 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Typo (again) :-)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

You're right, Rob. I have seen a couple Americas up close at Albert Bold's place and can't say I remember if they were shaft or chain. It seems he does them either way but now see they were shaft from the factory.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Indeed I know that Albert (having raced them) prefers the chain drive conversion - it is lighter, more reliable and improves the handling.

I've kept my America as a shaft drive as I don't race it and when I ride it even 'spiritedly' it suits me just fine as it is. I am lucky that I get away (being a historic registration before 1979) with not having blinkers which I think makes it look much cleaner, I do of course, have the factory blinkers, I hope the authorities are NOT reading this.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode