Joining the Classic club - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Joining the Classic club

Hi all,

Well I'm joining the classic club I've always been interested it the older MV's but with too many hobbies something had to give before I could join the club.

So this is what I picked up from the Sydney Shannons Auction last night through their online bidding system. A 1976 350s (You know you should never drink and bid...)

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/HMC1FZSF4EO2B7E1/#.VGpytDSUeaE

Now all I have to do is work out how to get it down to sunny Melbourne.

So tell me what you think, did I get ripped off? I know it's not perfect, for example the fairing is from the 750 but I think it looks good.

Cheers Westy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Big Randaddy

Wow! Elegant bike. I hope you enjoy it.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 06:38 PM

In my honest opinion it looks really good from what I can see below the clothes.
And I think that an Ipotesi looks much better without a fairing.
But I guess You will figure this out by Yourself.
Further I don't know for what 11.000 Australian kujambels are getting traded for.
But MV's cost sadly something nowadays.
So congratulations You have a fine motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 12:32 AM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy_J View Post
Hi all,

Well I'm joining the classic club I've always been interested it the older MV's but with too many hobbies something had to give before I could join the club.

So this is what I picked up from the Sydney Shannons Auction last night through their online bidding system. A 1976 350s (You know you should never drink and bid...)

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/HMC1FZSF4EO2B7E1/#.VGpytDSUeaE

Now all I have to do is work out how to get it down to sunny Melbourne.

So tell me what you think, did I get ripped off? I know it's not perfect, for example the fairing is from the 750 but I think it looks good.

Cheers Westy
W,
That appears to be an absolute bargain on the assumption it is mechanically sound

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 03:59 AM

That looks much like the bike sold on eBay a few years ago (..I had correspondence with the seller regarding the fairing). It might be worth contacting him to find out. If it is, he may be able to enlighten you as to its history. it's a good looking Ipotesi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBUgv4rhbg
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs up Welcome to The Club

That bike has been for sale for an eternity, it was first offered to me about 3 years ago via a bike shop intermediary in Sydney. I don't really know why it took so long to sell, it is a good looking bike & looks in excellent order (certainly cosmetically) it has the wrong logo on the tank but that's no biggie..

The original asking price from memory was around $17K - it was offered for sale privately, then on Bikesales.com.au and finally auctioned at Shannons some 2 years ago and failed to reach reserve, it was then left with Shannons in the Park & Sell section (I last saw it earlier this year at the Shannons compound in North Sydney with the other park & sell vehicles) From memory they were asking $17k.

Anyhow, it went to Auction and sold for $11k + obviously buyer's fees on top of that but as Julian said, providing it is excellent mechanical condition it is a real bargain buy - well done

For interest's sake there's one for sale in Melbourne Click here and one in Adelaide Click Here

Cheers
Rob

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your comments, yes the big questions is what is it like mechanically. I was told that it starts and rides, but I've owned some bikes over the years that technically starts and runs. I will find out soon the bike will arrive late next week so I'm planning to spend some time next weekend on it to ensure everything looks ok before I give it a start.

Can anyone tell me what I should concentrate on when I check it over? I'm quite technical and happy to go through the bike throughly but am also keen to get it out and about.

I also need to organise Victorian club rego, does anyone know what the best club is for a bike like this?

haupti - you might be right about the fairing, so if I take it off does that give me permission from my wife to go out and by a 750 to match the fairing? I'll tell her you said it was ok.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 04:30 AM

Congrats on the Ipotesi. Seems like a good fair price.

There are a few clubs which do Club rego. The Ducati (DOCV) require a roadworthy certificate whilst CIMAA only require the bike be in a roadworthy condition. (Vic Roads are in the process of changing this so that all club plated vehicles require a roadworthy certificate) For CIMAA there is a club scrutineer. Fees for the DOCV are around $80 per year whilst CIMAA is about $35 and a possible 3 year option ($105). Club plate rego is around $70 per year for 45 days riding with an option to extend to 90 days if required.

The DOCV do regular rides (usually every 2 weeks) including day rides and overnighters. They also conduct track days at Phillip Island (you must be a member). CIMAA usually only do cafe runs every month or so, as many of the bikes are tiddlers and not all that suitable for decent day rides. It would take me around 2 hours just to get to a decent road on the 125. I'm a member of both.

If you wish to do some very good rides on 'new' roads on the F4 then I'd suggest the DOCV. They are very friendly and you ride at your own pace. Feel free to turn up for a ride without being a DOCV member. I do most rides on my F3 and there are quite a few members with MVs. You do not require a Ducati to be amember of the DOCV. Dino and myself also do some MV only rides which we organise at short notice.

For any info re the Ipotesi then speak to Rob, (MVista). I'd also suggest you join [email protected] as a source of info and have a look at thebikemuseum ( a wealth of info).

cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode