MV Agusta Forum banner

Femmoto

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Flaming 
#1 ·
Spent last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with my wife at the Femmoto event. She rode dirt bikes Friday and did track sessions on demo bikes Saturday and Sunday.

This was a great opportunity for her to experience different makes and models of bikes. She alway thought she wanted a Ducati Monster until she rode one on the track! Turns out she's a 4 cylinder sportbike fan now. :f4:

Saturday she tried a SV650 knockoff (Hyosung), Ducati Monster 695, Kawasaki ZX6R, Buell Lightning XB12S (hated it) and Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (loved it).

Sunday morning Donna started out on a CBR600 R (one of the bikes on loan from the Freddie Spencer school). She's in love with this machine. Then she rode a Honda 919. Next up was a Brutale 910 from Pat Clark (the Las Vegas MV dealer). She said she was laughing out loud in her helmet at times on the track (she's never ridden my 910R - a controlled track environment was the perfect scenario to try out a Brutale!).

The first afternoon session on a Ducati Hypermotard convinced her that Ducati is just not her cup of tea. She went back to the CBR 600R for the final session. Having CBR 600s from Freddie's school meant they were properly set up which probably didn't hurt the impression of the bike. The Hypermotard had mis-matched tires (a worn Dunlop race on the rear and a Pirelli Supercorsa Pro on front) and who knows what the suspension settings were.

I think a sportbike is in her future - probably a CBR. :mouthwate

See less See more
#3 ·
Koop...sorry we didn't run into you. Guy and I were there Friday through Sunday (see my "on the track" thread) and I too really fell in love with the Honda CBR600. I'm buying one as soon as I get a chance.

I wonder if they do demo events like this for men. I've had a couple of my friends indicate they'd love to take advantage of the opportunity to try out other bikes. Sounds like most dealers won't let you demo their bikes (other than BMW and Ducati).

#4 ·
altoon said:
wow. that is sweet!

too bad they can't set something like that up for the guys. the way i see it, half of those bike would end up in the weeds if they did a "day for the dudes."

damn testosterone! hahaha

alex
LOL! I imagine that's why they don't do it. Although I will say a few bikes ended up in the weeds on Sunday with women on them too.

#5 ·
Lisa,

I can't even keep my own bikes off the pavement!

And Ben (odonata) knows what I do with borrowed ones. Hahahaha

Oh, I'm pretty sure they don't do this for guys because of the risk. You could put two guys on couple of toddler's tricycles and they'd be racing in 10 seconds.

Alex

#6 ·
LBonanMV said:
Koop...sorry we didn't run into you. Guy and I were there Friday through Sunday (see my "on the track" thread) and I too really fell in love with the Honda CBR600. I'm buying one as soon as I get a chance.

I wonder if they do demo events like this for men. I've had a couple of my friends indicate they'd love to take advantage of the opportunity to try out other bikes. Sounds like most dealers won't let you demo their bikes (other than BMW and Ducati).
Yeah, I wish we would've introduced ourselves to each other. Had a great time there even though Sat was cold and windy.

There are dealers that are good about demo rides - that's how I ended up with a Brutale. The MV-Ducati-Triumph dealer in Scottsdale let me test ride one and I had to have it! Pat Clark also let's you demo bikes.

At Femmoto they had street demos for guys and gals. I rode a ZX14 and a Beemer 650 X-Country. The routes were lame though, not much in the way of twisties.

I think Donna may get a CBR600 for her birthday - it's not until May but we'll see what kind of deal I can find by then. I'll buy new - used 600 sports bikes are usually thrashed. :drummer:

#7 ·
altoon said:
wow. that is sweet!

too bad they can't set something like that up for the guys. the way i see it, half of those bike would end up in the weeds if they did a "day for the dudes."

damn testosterone! hahaha

alex
OK, let me get this straight, "a day for the dudes", eh? The girls have "Femmoto", we could have "Testostomoto" Works for me...:)

#11 ·
Flaming said:
What's the matter Broms? It was a compliment for the choice :stickpoke

Any problems with girls who rides bikes? :smoking:
Or is it because you think I meant that CBR is a "girlie" bike? :stopp:

I'd give the same opinion if it was a newbie (man) choosing his first sportbike.
Flaming...when you're ready, you can borrow my 1000....

#12 ·
Flaming said:
CBR 600R has always been an "easy" sportbike, not too racing like R6 (and it's too high seated), not too tough like ZX6R. Smooth and "mistake forgiver" ;)

Good choice for a girl ;)
C'mon guys, Flaming is rigth (the CBR is all that and that's what makes it so good and popular) and i'm sure she didn't meant to bash anyone with her post. :friday:

#13 ·
My next bike will most likely be a CBR600RR.

The 07 model is awesome. Light, powerful mid range, and good value. Plus there are a ton of 'em around so parts are easy to get and less costly.

Granted the "oooohhhh, aaaahhh" factor is much reduced from an MV, but I'm going back to 600's. Have to admit that the power of the liter bikes is over my head.

Alex

#14 ·
MV-999R said:
C'mon guys, Flaming is rigth (the CBR is all that and that's what makes it so good and popular) and i'm sure she didn't meant to bash anyone with her post. :friday:
my comment was a bit of poke poke...rather than a dis...

sometimes I forget words don't get across tongue in cheek comments...

:stickpoke

it's all in good fun.

#21 ·
So Cool of the Park Clark Motorsports peeps to bring us some rigs to ride.
I got to hop on the F4-1000 it was absolute heaven!!!!!!!! Damn I wish I was wealthy.
This is my dream bike so it was really great to ride it and not be disappointed.
The Ducati Hypermotard 1100 was good too, once I kinda figured out how to ride it.
Overall fav was the CBR600RR though since that is a bike I could actually afford to buy.

#22 ·
I own a Duc 749R, MV F4, K1200S and a few others. I've been through the Spencer school: 3 days on an 06 CBR600RR and 3 days on an 07 CBR600RR. The 07 Honda 600 is flat out amazing on the race track. I've since done a few more days on both bikes and the difference between the 06 & 07 (and just about anything else you can get for the non superstar track rider) is monumental. Sure there are faster and more visceral bikes out there...but the overall balance of power, torque and handling on the 600RR is hard to beat, the bike is forgiving and an incredible amount of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.