MV Agusta Forum banner

Exhaust question, twin mufflers or traditional 4 pipes?

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  RECON8541 
#1 ·
I am choosing between the arrow twin full system or getting the arrow header and mid with the sil mot 4 pipe mufflers, does one make better power than the other, is it just the difference of looks and sound?

#2 ·
I have heard not so good stuff for sil motors. I would go with the emoto pipes if I were you if I were going the 4 pipe way.

The twin full system is said to make more power and I think the MV race systems are using Zard twin systems. They look the shizzz and make a slight bit more power than the 4 pipes.

#7 ·
-1 on that it will lose it's personality with the twin pipes.
Everyone's taste is different...... I took off the four pipe design because it cooks my rear.

I like the four pipe design...but I'm not going to pay eight thousand dollars for a full Ti exhaust.... not when I can get a really nice track bike for less

It's all about preference :stir:

#8 ·
I prefer the 4 pipes as well, original look, goes perfect with the bike, and no other bike in the world has a similar looking exhaust.
But I must admit, the Zard is the only twin that look good on the MV.
So, if you can afford it, keep the 4 pipes, and if you really really want a twin, go Zard.

#9 ·
Yeah I personally can't see going away from one of the main items that seperates this bike from everything else, like the four pipe organ design. But I guess if you really feel like you must the Zard pipes are probably going to be be your best alternative- although I would never be able to bring myself to do it myself.

:idea: :confused:

#14 ·
the only thing i didn't like about my arrow exhaust was the BIG yellow stickers on the sides......easily taken off (right out of the box)

downs---> looks

ups----> lighter, less heat on the rear (buttocks), cheaper.. (RG3's, & RG3 Ti, sili, bodis, etc)

the thing that got me was the low price, wieght savings, and what backed that up was the heat-loss from less metal surfaces which also helps air to draw away more heat.

I love the four pipe design and if I had the extra cash, I'd get a set of Ti RG3's (slash) I have feelt them and they are way lighter than the stock or RG3 exhaust.... but then the price comes in.

All in all...... you can't go wrong in my opinion...except by keeping the cat, chroming anything, rim tape, pink leathers (guys), neon paint jobs, and bar end tassles.....I'm sure something was left out so...... fill in the blanks ____ ____ ______.

#15 ·
odogg, Zard are italian as well, so it's only a matter of personal taste. I for one think the Zard are the only twins that go well on the F4.
Style_one, if you only change the rear mufflers, 2hp is more than I would hope for, really. But if we are talking about the entire system, 2hp is definitely not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.