MV Agusta Forum banner

F4 sticknig throttle

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Obmot 
#1 · (Edited)
F4 sticking throttle

Hey guys havent been on much lately, been terribly busy.

Anyway I got a chance to go riding last weekend and notice that my throttle does not return to 0 position, it sticks. Mind you I had previously released the left-side throttle spring to relieve pressure on my wrist whilst riding. Well, now it doesnt return to the 0 position. This really appears to be a mechanical (lubrication?) issue and does not relate to engine throttle sticking (what I mean is, it appears to be the cable or handle or something).

I did a search on here and didnt find any relevant posts. Anyone have this issue and know how to resolve it? I am sure if I put the 2nd spring back into tension the throttle would return, but then Im stuck with the stiff wrist problem. After I first released the spring, the throttle returned normally, but it no longer does.

I feel as if a squirt or 2 of WD40 somewhere might do the trick. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

#2 ·
Similar thing happened to me. Mine was a simple fix - the rubbery part of the throttle had slipped onto the bar end. I drove the bike to the shop and all the guy did was slip the rubbery part back into place.

May not be the same problem as yours, but worth a look. Good luck!

#4 ·
Obmot said:
Hey guys havent been on much lately, been terribly busy.

Anyway I got a chance to go riding last weekend and notice that my throttle does not return to 0 position, it sticks. Mind you I had previously released the left-side throttle spring to relieve pressure on my wrist whilst riding. Well, now it doesnt return to the 0 position. This really appears to be a mechanical (lubrication?) issue and does not relate to engine throttle sticking (what I mean is, it appears to be the cable or handle or something).

I did a search on here and didnt find any relevant posts. Anyone have this issue and know how to resolve it? I am sure if I put the 2nd spring back into tension the throttle would return, but then Im stuck with the stiff wrist problem. After I first released the spring, the throttle returned normally, but it no longer does.
I feel as if a squirt or 2 of WD40 somewhere might do the trick. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.
Try slightly loosening (backing out) the bolt at the end of the bar which secures the counter-weight. Slight over-tightening causes the internal wellnut to overexpand and bind, thereby preventing full throttle release.

#6 ·
lewolfmd said:
Try slightly loosening (backing out) the bolt at the end of the bar which secures the counter-weight. Slight over-tightening causes the internal wellnut to overexpand and bind, thereby preventing full throttle release.
This worked perfectly, I loosened the end bolt a bit and all was back to normal. Thanks lewolf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.