MV Agusta Forum banner

910S gauges have just gone crazy

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  McSack 
#1 ·
We had a pretty bad downpour the other night and when I got on the bike the next morning, the fun began!

First off, I noticed that some moisture had gotten inside the tach. No big, has happened before. It quickly evaporates. But then I fired it up, and things got weird... The gauges had gone completely haywire --- the functions kept randomly scrolling, odometer>trip>clock and back again. The trips kept flashing and resetting themselves. When I put the bike in gear, the fuel light would go on. Put it back in neutral and it would turn off again. The temperature gauge showed random numbers - 112*, 215* etc... The bike was running normal though so I figured that this is just an endearing Italian 'quirk' and went on my way. I was a little surprised/disappointed that the odometer was not spinning backwards :(

A couple of miles in, the battery light goes on. That's not so endearing... I immediately turned around and went home, parked the bike, quickly checked the fuses (all good) and hopped on the ever reliable SV instead. Later that day, I tried the MV again and all the issues mysteriously disappeared!

Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Are these the early warning signs of a failing SPU? Has my Brutale been possessed by the vengeful spirit of Tamburini as revenge for me leaving his beloved masterpiece soaking on the street like some sort of peasant UJM? Should I sprinkle holy water into the tank the next fill up?

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Had a very similar problem on my 920. Donsy suggested I pull the dash and reseal
Turns out the original seal between the 2 "halves" of the dash had been pinched some time when the bike was put together.
Re-seated it and smeared some silicone grease in there and never had a problem since

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.