Remapping/Tune - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Remapping/Tune

Question guys.. I'm getting a full arrow pro racing exhaust for my 2011 brutale 1090r.. it says u don't need to tune or map as it will work with the stock ecu... I always thought u gotta remap/Tune when putting a full exhaust.. This coming from arrows websites any suggestions. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 05:59 PM

I got the same bike with the Tamburini (by Arrow) exhaust. It should work fine as long as it's in tune. If you do any other mods beyond that, including an air filter, no guarantees. I had Ferracci install mine, he dynoed and made a few adjustments. I got the impression that if he didn't dyno tune it, the bike still would've been ok.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

See this from arrow.... MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR / 990R Exhaust by Arrow(MVA71161RKI)

MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR / 990R Pro Racing / Thunder Full Exhaust System by Arrow

These very well constructed approximately 8 lb units replace the stock headers and mid pipe/catalytic converter(boat anchor) on your MV Agusta Brutale 1090 / 990R exhaust system. Significant weight savings and an approximate increase of 4 -6 hp with better all round torque and throttle response. Your Brutale will respond better, run cooler plus you get more HP to boot. According to the manufacturer, this system utilizes the stock O2 sensors and will run just fine with the stock closed loop Euro 3 ECU. This unit is slightly louder with the dbKillers out than the previous Thunder exhaust for the older Brutales. DBkiller included.

These Arrow exhaust are easy to install. Comes with everything you need, including springs.*

Arrow headers/collectors (71428MI) are included to give your Brutale a Full Exhaust System, and give you maximum horsepower and weight reduction.

Fits:*Mv Agusta Brutale 1090 RR / 990 R/920/750/910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 05:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
Hi Sic, I just put the same system on my 2011 Brutale, ran ok but didn't feel as crisp as stock but had very loud backfiring on thr over run. It's getting PCV fitted & dynotune done now. I'll update when I get it back.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 05:23 AM

From my experience , about half those claims from Arrow seem true. Yes, it's much lighter. Yes, it's much louder with the db killer in . With the db killer out, earplugs aren't a bad idea. As far as the increased HP, torque and throttle response goes... I really didn't notice any discernible difference, in my case anyway. It very well could have picked up a couple horse and torque on the dyno sheet, but we didn't dyno my bike before the installation to get a baseline. Since I'm not competively racing, and I'm not trying to shave tenths of seconds,all I care about is how the bike actually feels. I don't really feel the engine itself has a lower running temp due to the exhaust change. I'm not really sure why anyone would want a lower engine running temp anyway, unless your overheating . There's benefits of keeping your engine in the recommended operating temp range. However, there's definitely less heat thrown off the exhaust that is usually felt by the rider. I really can't speak about the ease of installation comment. I didn't install mine, but I could have. The ease of installation really depends on ones mechanical prowess and tools available to them. Some people have problems hanging a picture on the wall...

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 06:30 AM

You will probably need to get a PCV and have it mapped. It will run better. This from experience

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys... i might just remap the stock ecu..not a fan pcv or bazaz. Hey guys would u know what the middle orange light is it just came on and staying on bike has 2300km
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 11:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
There's an explanation of the orange light by that clever fella Donsy about 5 posts below this one mate.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Established Member

Got the full system with open silencers on my 1078 and she runs great, probably no different from stock apart from she seems quicker to rev out and runs a lot cooler. The low down surging is still present but theres no popping on decal, all in all very happy with the system although a microtec. or pc would probably improve power and get rid of the surging.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLEIN
XTZ 1200
1078RR
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 09:59 AM

New Site Garage
Hey, since it seems a few of us have the 2011 1090R, I was curious as to whether you've ever had your dealer do a software update on them. I've asked if there were any new software versions released for it every time I took it for service, but it's been a no every time.

Wondering if it was just my dealer not being proactive or if they haven't updated the system for these bikes at all.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode