910S Another stalling issue - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

910S Another stalling issue

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and also a first time MV Agusta 910S owner since a month ago. I've put about 600km on the meter since I bought the bike and I have started to take notice to a couple of things.

One thing I've experienced is what I think is the "brutale stalling issue". After a couple of hours of riding, at low RPMs or idling, the bike stalls. It happens rarely but in less than ideal situations.

I asked the bike dealer from which I bought the bike; if they recognized the issue and if there was any issues with the bike before selling it to me. Apparently there was an issue with the lights (did not work) on the bike which originated from a broken SPU.

The dealer fixed the issue by tampering with the SPU and bypassing the broken components somehow. It was not clear what they did, but I guess some soldering was done.

Could my stalling issue be related to this quick and dirty fix on the SPU? Should I be concerned and replace the SPU with a SKU#8A00A9300?

Also, if I may be rude enough to ask a second stupid question. Can I somehow identify what ECU revision I have with the above VIN number?

Thank you very much for the assistance and best regards // Carl

Last edited by Haell; 06-10-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 01:29 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum Carl, now there's two of you.
Unless you show us pictures of what this dealer did to your bike and the SPU, it's hard to comment, replacing it would have been much easier.
There's only one variation of ECU for your Brutale, but a few different Eprom's for inside the the ECU.

I imagine your stalling issue is due to a throttle body balancing, Throttle Position Sensor adjustment issue, and maybe you need a set of Iridium plugs.

There's a sticky near the top of the Brutale section where you can check to see which SPU you would need to return the bike to standard if you wanted to.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply Donsy!

I will have a look at the SPU and take some pictures - Hopefully, later today

Quote:
I imagine your stalling issue is due to a throttle body balancing, Throttle Position Sensor adjustment issue, and maybe you need a set of Iridium plugs
Thanks! I will look into the points you mentioned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

I'm sorry for the late reply!

I've attached a couple pictures for you - but I dont know if they will do you any good as I dared not to detach the SPU; fearing I would make things worse somehow.

The SPU Back plate is somewhat loose.

A green wire is visible at the big connector. Is that normal for these bikes? - Or is this where they perhaps are bypassing a pin or similar... I remember seeing a post on this forum with pictures where the user have bypassed something on the SPU in a similar manner, before changing it to a new unit. I've looked for it but I cannot find it...

To my suprise, I have the 8A00A9300 SPU installed. I thought my VIN 005734 should use 8A00A9615 according to the CAG SPU guide sticky?

After reassembling the gas tank and turning on the ignition, I noticed that the idle rpm fluctuated between 1050 -1100 rpm which I guess is a tad low?

During the time the engine was running a friend told me that he smelled alot of petrol in the exhaust gas - more than his Ducati S2R. This could be a result of us lifting the tank up when checking the SPU or could the bike be feeding it too much fuel?

Again, thank you very much for the assistance!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode