Brutale frame sliders - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Brutale frame sliders

O.K. now that the bike is coming, I can start buying stuff

I'm looking at the C&G frame sliders from Pirates Lair and the Rizoma sliders from Carpimoto. (They even have a pretty cool Rizoma watch!)

Anyone seen these in person?

Comments please, I'm like a kid in the toy store!

I love the Rizoma license plate holder, looks sweet.

John (soon to be poor)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 04:13 PM

John,

I purchased the Rizoma plate holder from Carpimoto and it is awesome! Super nice quality and a direct bolt piece. Took quite a while to be shipped though. I'm way ahead of you on being broke. I've already purchased a bunch of stuff for my R. Can't wait!!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 12:19 AM

I have the LSL sliders, they look good, and have a high-finish and funtioanl design, and are on the affordable spectrum.
And, by a goof, I ended up with 2 full sets if you're interested. I'll post a picture later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:09 AM

My very strong suggestion is to buy sliders that do not mount by bolting the slider directly from the frame to the head.

This has been shown, during a crash, to regularly strip the threads in the head due to the load placed on the motor mount by the new slider bolt.

I would suggest either press in sliders or those with double threads like performanceparts.de

http://www.performanceparts.de/index...3001s002_1.htm

In this photo you'll notice 4 bolts. The shorter ties the frame to the head. The longer ties the slider to the frame by threading into the motor mount bolt rather than the head itself.

The R&G LOWER slider is ok as far as I know, as are the front/rear axle sliders and bar ends.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 11:28 AM

Does anyone know if the frame sliders work with a red frame? Im sure they will fit, but im just curious if you would have to do some light sanding of the slider so as not to damage the paint and have a piece flake off!
Anyone tried the metal frame sliders from emoto? I think they bolt directly to the frame. It looks like I was going to go with those if I ever get around to placing an order! I also saw moto corse japan has some titanium/aluminum frame sliders and some cool looking front/rear wheel spindle sliders too. Anyone tried those?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode