New MV Agusta Brutale 1090 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

New MV Agusta Brutale 1090

Well new to me. It is a 2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090. This bike has me at a loss for adjectives in the acceleration department. So for lack of anything better, I'll say scary! The handling is amazing as well. Torquee, is that a word? It should be for this bike. It is in sport mode and is my first sport bike so I will take it easy. My other bike is a Honda ST1300 I use for touring. It is quick, but nothing like this. I do have a few questions for you folks. They are as follows:

What tire pressure do I run on the street to get the best wear out of the tires?

The seat angle is a bit much. Anyway to lower that so there is not so much angle sliding into the tank? Any workarounds if not?

What about softening the suspension. The roads here in Michigan are not designed for the stiffness this suspension is set at. I am figuring the rebound damper. Counter Clockwise to soften it? How many turns?

I plan on doing most of my service work. How do I reset the service on the computer when it comes to that time?

That is all I can think of right now. I am sure there may be a few more but this is opening day. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Attached Images

Dennis
Trenton, MI USA

2013 Brutale 1090

Last edited by gug1953; 04-25-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 06:39 AM

Most of the answers you seek are available in the workshop manuals, available on Donsy's website. There is a sticky at the top of the maintenance section I think.
I can't comment on your seat issues, as I like the stock one. Aside from repadding at an upholsterer the only other thing I can suggest is tank grips.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
Most of the answers you seek are available in the workshop manuals, available on Donsy's website. There is a sticky at the top of the maintenance section I think.
I can't comment on your seat issues, as I like the stock one. Aside from repadding at an upholsterer the only other thing I can suggest is tank grips.
Thanks Rev! I'll start digging through it.

Dennis
Trenton, MI USA

2013 Brutale 1090

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode