Anybody see the new Superbike with the Naked comparos? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Anybody see the new Superbike with the Naked comparos?

Kinda surprised the Brutale came in 2nd to the Tuono. I'm not surprised however, as the brits think that bike is gods wheelie gift to man...but seriously, all they complained about was "the throttle being too stiff, contributing to it's on/off fuel injection..."

Other than that, they didn't really have any other complaints about it. Oh, they said the fork was "dated"....yet, later in the article, they said it was spot on... Atleast it won the "prettiest" award

Eitherway...it was a good article, with otherwise good comparo's, pics and data. Was definitly worth the read. Maybe my opinion was a little biased, but so was thiers towards the Tuono
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 06:11 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Kinda surprised the Brutale came in 2nd to the Tuono. I'm not surprised however, as the brits think that bike is gods wheelie gift to man...but seriously, all they complained about was "the throttle being too stiff, contributing to it's on/off fuel injection..."

Other than that, they didn't really have any other complaints about it. Oh, they said the fork was "dated"....yet, later in the article, they said it was spot on... Atleast it won the "prettiest" award

Eitherway...it was a good article, with otherwise good comparo's, pics and data. Was definitly worth the read. Maybe my opinion was a little biased, but so was thiers towards the Tuono
Yes I posted a thread 3 weeks ago to let people know about the article.

MV got a close second, the Tuono has all the fasionable updated parts and bigger engine, although it is not as refine as the MV, at about $3,500 less it's no surprise that they picked Tuono to be the winner. I wonder if they had a 910R if it would have won, another thing was that they seem to be partial to twins anyway...

Too bad that the TNT didn't perform well, that is one radical looking beast. I love the design... I think whoever buys the bike needs to get a power ranger replica leathers and helmet to match it.

In the same issue there is also another feature on the Crescent Performance Suzuki naked bike based on a 04 GSXR1000. nice package.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it was pretty intresting to read. Those brits just can't say anything bad about the Tuono. It's thier streefighter Blade

It was funny, they said the TNT was straight out of the proto design book, no revisions...just straight drafted into reality. Pretty neat IMO. But yeah, looked like that bike was all show, no go....

Another intresting point was the two other bikes, were OVER 1000cc. And the MV being at the displacement disadvantage...didn't seem to make a difference.

I wish they woulda put in a Speed Triple....THAT woulda been the motherload of all things naked...bike wise of course
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:38 PM

Interesting read.

3 things:

Tires, why did they get a bike with Bridgestones? Michelin Pilot powers much better and they concured.

Brakes: Always complaints about the wooden feeling Nissins. Brembo radials anyone?

Fueling: Snatchy on/off response. Simple: Power Commander and a good custom map (yes I'm biased sorry) Or as they stated, 910R!!!

With these simple complaints taken care of, the MV wins by a long shot...as is they stated a very close second place.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Seriously...the tires...WTF? Who still gets Dunlops on thier bikes? Something such as that, they shoulda replaced ALL the tires on ALL the bikes for an even comparo. That's so stupid....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
Interesting read.

3 things:

Tires, why did they get a bike with Bridgestones? Michelin Pilot powers much better and they concured.

Brakes: Always complaints about the wooden feeling Nissins. Brembo radials anyone?

Fueling: Snatchy on/off response. Simple: Power Commander and a good custom map (yes I'm biased sorry) Or as they stated, 910R!!!

With these simple complaints taken care of, the MV wins by a long shot...as is they stated a very close second place.
Exactly. Even one of the testers basically stated in the counterpoint that if money were no object the Brutale wins. I am sure the Tuono is a great bike. But in IMHO, that bike is ugly as sin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode