Just bought a 910S Gladio (35/300) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Just bought a 910S Gladio (35/300)

Hi Everyone,

After 6 years on a Ducati ST2 and 4 years of having no bike anymore, all of a sudden this little beauty came up for sale near my home.
It's a 910S Gladio (nr35/400), with km on the clock and a clean maintenance history.
Previous owner replaced front bearings and SPU

It also has a nice list of mods:
Rizoma mirrors, rearsets and front indicators
Carbon tail with tail tidy and brake light/indicators integrated
Carbon dash cover, keyguard, chainguard, rear fender and headlight cover
Custom made crash protectors
Matris Steering damper
upgraded SPU
Decat midpipe with Corse chip

Bike drives great, right now waiting on my license plates to take it out for a real spin instead of a testrun

Also got a disc lock, chain lock, 2 paddock stands and new headers with it (one of the current headers has a small dent in the bottom).

The only thing I noticed is that the passenger seat is insanely slippery, to the point where my girlfriend just slides around in a way that is unbearable for the both of us. Since the bike has some mileage, the rear seat is a bit discoloured and the front has some wear & tear. I was thinking of having it re-upholstered with a look as close as possible to the original. Would it be a big improvement, grip-wise, to have the seats done in alcantara instead of leather?
Attached Images

Last edited by jgeraerts; 10-23-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 AM

New Site Garage
Very nice mate, welcome to the forum.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family!!!
My lady also slips a bit on the pillion, but we blame it on her riding pants!

You might send a PM to Ade about recovering your seats. He makes some very tastefully done work.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the nice welcome

Though I do appreciate the suggestion, I'd probably have it upholstered here in belgium rather than order one outside of the EU. Larger packets rarely pass customs without being smacked with 50% tax or more, which most of the time makes this ridiculously expensive.
The ST2 also had a bit of slip, but this rear seat feels like it has been polished and waxed for ultimate slipperyness
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

The Gladio (yours is an SP12) is my favorite of the Special Parts Brutales, even over the Mamba. I love it. Enjoy.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 AM

Smile

Burn baby burn.Welcome, looks great

cheers eddy
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELTRO 1 View Post
The Gladio (yours is an SP12) is my favorite of the Special Parts Brutales, even over the Mamba. I love it. Enjoy.
I'll do my best to enjoy, good weather coming in later this week so that should be not a problem

What is the difference between an SP12 and an SP13 Gladio kit? Can't really find a lot of details about it online, is it just the base bike (910S/R) or does it go further?
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeraerts View Post
I'll do my best to enjoy, good weather coming in later this week so that should be not a problem

What is the difference between an SP12 and an SP13 Gladio kit? Can't really find a lot of details about it online, is it just the base bike (910S/R) or does it go further?
Both have the same painted parts. The SP12 is the base SP kit, and didn't have all the carbon bits included; and had forged aluminum Marchesini 10-spokes like the F4 Ago, Tamburini, and Senna II.

Yours could be an SP13 with the wheels and a few carbon pieces sold off, since it has some of the carbon. Much more likely, the carbon was added to the base bike and kit.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. The painted parts are the unique Gladio distinction. And it's a striking design, IMHO. Mine is an SP13 on a red-framed 910S. And though I've kept the Marchesinis in storage, it now has magnesium stars painted MV silver with red stars to match the frame (like the F4 Senna I, but magnesium).

And since the Gladio is a set of special parts, you could swap the Gladio parts any time to a newer bike with low mileage if you ever chose to do so. You can sell the Brutale, but you don't have to sell the Gladio bits.

Gladios are few and far between, though much more rare in the US. There are only a handful over here. Glad to see you got yours. You won't regret it, and nobody will know what it is without asking. LOL.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 04-08-2014 at 10:32 AM.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM

Welcome! I think I gave you enough tips on those seats already
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yes indeed, much appreciated.
I mailed them to see if they could do some custom stitching as well, I'd love to incorporate the gladio-look from the fuel tank into the seat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode