Looking to buy 2006 Brutale 910s - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Looking to buy 2006 Brutale 910s

Hello everyone, I am looking to get my first MV Brutale. I wanted to know how reliable is this brand/model. Bike has 9100 milles.
The bike has tons of extras, including: Matris Damper, Arrow Midpipe, R&G Frame sliders, CRG bar end mirrors, DP Front brake pads, Custom Spencer Seat, Ohlins Spring on rear shock, Moto License plate relo kit and bar end weights, 41 Tooth rear sprocket, New EcU replaced under warranty in 2008, and new Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires. The bike also comes with a motocycle cover, battery tender, and bike stand.

I am new to motorcycle world. I recently purchased and sold the 2008 buell Lightning xb12Ss. Now looking to get another bike. Buell was my first bike and didn't ride much. Only rode about 500 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 05:25 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
You'll love it. Other than the SPU, which is probably what was replaced not the ECU, the bikes are trouble free. Sounds like you are getting some nice upgrades with it.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

What is SPU? Is that the fule map module?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:18 AM

SPU = System Power Unit - basically a box of tricks that controls fuel pump, indicators and a bunch of other bits and pieces. It's located on the right handside of the bike near the bottom of the fuel tank.

The fuel map is in the ECU (actually an eeprom in the ecu), which is under the fuel tank on top of the airbox.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:27 AM

Welcome to the forum. You won't regret buying a 910s. I've had mine for 6 years and still love everything about it. I'm not planning on changing any time soon.
The SPU (service power unit) lives behind the right side panel and incorporates the row of fuses. It has a tendency to play silly buggers, causing electrical and stalling issues. If it has been upgraded, the back of the unit will be black instead of the original blue.
Sounds like you're getting a nicely specced bike.
ENJOY!!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Seller said he changed the ECU not the SPU. He never heard of this. Going to see the bike on Sunday. I'll have more info then.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

I checked out the bike. It's in mint condition. No issues whats so ever. I couldn't tell if the SPU box was changed or not. First owner might have changed it while it was under warranty. Current owner is not aware it. He didn't even know that Brutale has a faulty SPU problem.

Can anyone tell me from what year to what year SPU problems were around? This bike model is from 2006.

I only have one concern with this bike. I feel like I am too tall for it. I am 6 ft tall and my knees keep hitting the gas tank. Gas tank flares out so not much I can do to change that. I didn't test ride it but just from sitting on it I feel like this bike isn't for me.

What do you all think?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Jaindesi, first welcome to this madhouse!

Second, you can adjust your foot pegs to accommodate your legs.
I am 6'2" and fit just fine under the wings of the tank.

Download the manuals for your bike from the maintenance section under Manuals for All to Use and set the bike up for you. Chances are the previous rider and you are different sizes.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaindesi View Post
I checked out the bike. It's in mint condition. No issues whats so ever. I couldn't tell if the SPU box was changed or not. First owner might have changed it while it was under warranty. Current owner is not aware it. He didn't even know that Brutale has a faulty SPU problem.

Can anyone tell me from what year to what year SPU problems were around? This bike model is from 2006.
All the Brutales prior to around 2008 had suspect SPUs.....a solid state relay circuit box. Several threads on this subject. I would wager that is what was replaced, as malfunctions were very common prior to the improved version.

Great bikes....you will want to invest in some aftermarket rear sets to make it yours. Don't think the 910S came with the adjustable ones found on the R model.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:43 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Don't think the 910S came with the adjustable ones found on the R model.
My 910S had adjustable one's ED, I think the 750's had the solids.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode