aesthetics - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

aesthetics

Okay, I have mentioned some ideas that I have to slightly alter a few parts on my brutale and have heard that doing much to a brutale is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Well, let me first say that I stand in awe of 99% of my bike's beauty, but due to my personality, I can't help but imagine a few minor mods, so here they are. Besides, if MV didn't have radical vision, we would never have the Brutale.
First of all, the single-sided swingarm is a trademark of the MV's, but the slash cut silencers, as beautiful as they are, seem to slightly obstruct the view. Now, to run the exhaust under the seat would be following in footsteps of the F4 too much. Plus, if you have ridden on an F4 in hot weather, your butt knows how much heat comes through that desigh, but what about a dual exhaust design w/ one on each side about an inch higher that the current upper one.
Secondly, I have an idea that adds to one of the add-ons currently available through Pirates Lair (so if your reading this, let's design one). There is a rear LED tail light kit that replaces the original and offers an integrated turn signal. The only problem is that your turn signals are an inch apart and may not be too discernable from much distance, so how about this: You know the vent looking opening in the gray tail section? Well, how about a lens that fits that opening perfectly and offers the same LED functions--yellow when turning or an extra red when braking. This would allow for the removal of the fender and relocation of the plate on a small bracket while still having some functional turn signals and break lights.
Any readers,
Please share your thoughts.
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Established Member

Thumbs up Great Minds Think Alike!

I read about your idea on the mod for added function to the rear tail light for the Brutale. So, let me just say that great minds think alike. I had thought about the same thing when the Brutale first rolled out. When I first saw the Brutale, I had wondered why they didn't make more use of the rear tail section. I agee with your oppinion; it would have added more useable function to the bike without taking much of anything away from the overall appearance of this beautiful creature. And if one were to do this, you'd be able to eliminate that large ugly rear turn signal bracket without sacrificing safety. In addition to this replacement, I thought about removing the stock rear view mirrors and replace them with F4 intergrated front turn signals. I thought about doing this simply because I don't particularly like the design of the front turn signals attached to the sides of the head light. And, if I were to replace the mirrors with the F4 ones, I can ether replace the front turn signals or let them remain as an added safety feature. I myself would possibly like to remove them all together and or redesign them. Since I talking about the front end of the bike, I'd like to have a custom built front wind screen. Maybe something made out of black carbon-fibre. I have this image of a dark, somewhat small, narrow shape shield thats maybe no more then two or three inches above the tech that also partly covers the top of the headlight. I'm thinking Madmax (The Movie). A Dark type of Heat Shield appearance. It Doesn't get any more Brutish then that! I think the Shield design should look very similar if not exactly like the MV Agusta Face Logo. Of course this idea is more to inhance the bike's appearance oppose to functionality. Though it would make the tach more clearly visible in bright sunny conditions and add a bit more wind protection. I also imagine having a custom fairing designed to cover the belly of the Brutale. It would only partially cover the pipes from the lower front towards the rear of the cad.Converter.

Kevin, With regards to the pipes of the Brutale, I see your point, but I personally think they're just fine. Except the ugly CAD. Converter.
That's why I'm getting performace pipes. It removes the CAD all together, retains it's unique dual pipe look, if not enhances them and more importantly adds several more ponies. I'm also having the forged wheels.

It's funny, the first two things I was interested in changing on the Brutale when it first rolled out was the stock pipe and wheels. And replace them with forged wheels and a performance duel pipe. Well now it will be on the 2005 limited edition model. And better yet, it has lots of carbon-fibre, a beautiful black/Grey/ w/red pin stripe red paint scheme and more importantly a 910cc motor.

Yes, you gussed it! I'm getting the up and coming 2005 Brutale Gladio 910cc.
God, I'm glad I waited!!!

Kevin, since we seem to have similar idea's, please let me know what you think of mines. Or anyone else in this forum for that matter.

INTERESTING THOUGHTS, GREAT READ!

MADMAN

Last edited by MADMAN; 08-04-2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling, added words
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Madman,
Great ideas, especially about the front turn signals, except that I would want black ones, since my brutale has the black tank, and i don't know if I could find them. Oh!!, and here is the one idea that has got to be in the works (I hope)...a mono rear. How easy would it be (compared to the F4) to simply make a molded click-in mono post. Something as elegant as the rest of the bike, but still a little radical. Then, when I was going to go riding by myself, I could just pop it in, and remove the rear pegs (showing the slash cut silencers a little better). And don't get me wrong, I do love the pipes. Some part of me thinks they could be positioned a touch different to show off the rear single-sided swingarm and 190 Pilot. And definitely on the Cat removal. My near-future plans are the simple changes of straight midpipe, high performance air filter, then dyno map the computer for best performance, then leave it alone (as far as performance mods go at least).
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Established Member

Mv Madness

kevin,

Do you own the matte black colored Brutale? And if so, what year is your bike? How's the handling on the road? Also, any problems so far or complaits? Of all colors schemes released by MV Agusta for the Brutale, the matte black remains my favorite. For of all the Mod and performance idea's that we've discussed it was always in my mine to incorporate those idea's in the matte black paint model. Of course, that was until I saw the new an up coming Brutale Gladio 910cc. Since the Gladio comes standard with a performance corse Titannium duel pipes and forged wheels, I'd might as well purchase that model. Of course it also comes with a limited edition price tag. It's to bad though thats there's no Big or Radical changes to the 2005-06 brutale right now other then a new 910 motor with more power. I guess what I've been hoping for was some of the mods or performance idea's that we've discussed. To keep up with other competitors, specificly Asian Motor Companies; I thought that maybe Mv Agusta would follow. Maybe what I'm really trying to say is that I'd like to have more BANG FOR MY BUCK! Like Radial brakes, STM Slippery Clutch, etc. And while were wishing maybe even a Mono Rear snap-on you mention. What are your thoughts? Though, I did hear MV Agusta plans on adding radial brakes to the Brutale in the unknown future. What do you think about installing a slippery clutch?

ANY FRIENDLY SYMPATHIZERS, PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

MADMAN
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 09:31 AM

i agree with you assessment of the mud flap, blinker, license plate thing. so i took it off! moved the stock blinkers into the vent opening(took about an hou to get them straight an even.) and built a brushed aluminum license plate holder which tucks up to the bottom edge of the inner fender. looks like it was made this way. i'll try to post pics of the mod.

i also would like a bit of wind protection. i am thinking of buyin a carbon fiber f4 nose and modifying it to fit. i have seen this done on a duc monster with a 916 front fairing...looked sweet!

added photos of the tail bob job to my profile registry!

Last edited by flyguyskt; 08-19-2005 at 08:35 AM. Reason: photo add on
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 AM

what they dont like, is having to grip on for dear life as their butt slides off the back seat everytime u apply the throttle ever so slightly.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAN View Post
So, let me just say that great minds think alike. ....... MADMAN

When a guy named Madman makes a comment like that.............

..........well, I'm just sayin'.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Kevin, here is what I did on mine with the blinkers! Cheers!

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42766
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 03:19 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
This has to be an internet record.

Resurrecting a 7 year old thread.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
...as a FIRST POST!

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode