Rear wheel horse power - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian206
Did you have the throttle position sensor work done? (as in the link above) Does it run any different? And is there any danger of the motor running hotter due to the leaning out? Bunch of questions hey?
I simply installed the chip and planned to get the bike re-tuned later if there were problems. Somebody might correct me on this, but my understanding is that the TPS isn't affected by a chip swap and would only need to be adjusted if it were out of whack already. Ditto for the throttle body synch. Since I'm only a thousand miles or so beyond the initial service and the bike has been running great, I figured I was in good shape. The idle CO% should probably be checked, but so far the bike seems to run just as well as it did before the swap.

The possibility of the motor running hotter with a leaner mixture did occur to me. So far I haven't noticed any difference, but then the weather here was only in the high 40s yesterday. However, I'm not too worried. If you look at any of the Power Commander maps posted online, you'll see they take out a *ton* of fuel in the midrange. I haven't heard of anyone with a PC experiencing significantly higher engine temps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian206
PS Love the bike, can't get enough of looking at it/hearing it/driving it...
+1 on that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Established Member

Thumbs up Cool

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to order the chip. Any other input on the chip would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adrian
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Established Member

Smile First Dyno Run with Eprom Chip, BMC & Midpipe

Here's my first Dyno run, with these bike modifications - 2004 Brutale 750 S
- BMC Airfilter (Ferracci)
- Mid pipe (Pirate's Lair), Stock MV cans
- Moto One MVB02 Eprom (from Brad in OZ, thanks)
I also have Power Commander installed but for now running a ZERO map.

HP seems a little light at 108.6 compared to some others that claim 114-118 with this setup.
The air/fuel map shows it on the RICH side, the dyno tuner indicated that 13.2 would be a good target across the board, I'm in the low 12's, although I keep hearing that these bikes need to run rich.?

I too have the slight dip at the 8000-9000 range, like ALL the other dyno charts I have seen.

I did the eprom install, the TPS reset, throttle balance etc myself all as per Moto-Ones notebook information. A great resource thanks Brad and a must if you want your bike to run silky smooth. The only special tools I needed was my digital voltmeter and a Twinmax carb balancer.

The general running has improved immensly. When I originally ran it with the Power Commander (before the Eprom chip change) it was OK, no hestiation down low, but sounded noisy, a little lumpy and fuel mileage consistantly 80 miles exactly to reserve (22mpg), no matter city or highway. I have not done a fuel comsumption test yet. The Eprom change & TPS setup has really made it a different bike.

Think I will leave it alone for a bit and get some riding in and consumption stats, before I fiddle with the PCIII map.
Attached Images

Last edited by MV NV; 05-04-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode