Mid-pipe - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mid-pipe

I've done some searching here and asked the dealer but still not too sure about what to do to improve exhaust sound. The dealer I bought the Brutale 910S at told me that just switching out the mid-pipe would make a nice, noticeable difference in the sound of my bike. Have you guys had good luck with this or have you had to switch out the mufflers too?

I don;t like many of the aftermarket muffler looks like the Arrow canisters. I like the "sawed off" pointed stock canister look. If a mid-pipe is all I need to get a better sound then I'd be happy. I don't want to ruin the look of the stock mufflers but want some better sound and would appreciate a little guidance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM

New Site Garage
Will let you know if makes a difference on my F4R this Wednesday. I will be getting it back from the dealer and placing on a Ti midpipe.
Andrew
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 09:09 PM

good question, I've been wondering this myself. Please keep us updated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Sweet, if possible, take some before and after sound clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew
Will let you know if makes a difference on my F4R this Wednesday. I will be getting it back from the dealer and placing on a Ti midpipe.
Andrew
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 PM

Talking

Night shade when i bought my Brutale i was asking the same qustions.
Well heres what i did. I bought the 910R header that comes with a midpipe and eprom with my stock cans it made the bike sound very throty not overly loud but sounded great. But i thougt i wanted louder so i bought the racing cans from the 910R now its loud and still has that stock look. The other day i got a ticket and it fooled the cops they thought the bike had the stock exhaust. But i still like the way it sounds with the stock cans better. The throty sound sounds more like a jet plane. By the way the bike screams with the stock cans or the race cans. Depending how i feel i change them it only takes a few minutes.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 PM

I put a midpipe on my 750 and it does sound much better. The power is a little peakier though, so a bit of a trade-off.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgoFan
I put a midpipe on my 750 and it does sound much better. The power is a little peakier though, so a bit of a trade-off.
What do you mean peakier and did you get a eprom or power commander?????????????????????I put a midpipe on my 750 and it does sound much better. The power is a little peakier though, so a bit of a trade-off.????????????????????????????PILLAR
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 08:04 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade
Sweet, if possible, take some before and after sound clips.
Going today to pick her up. Let me know how to do a sound clip and I will attempt to place it on here.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Do you have a video camera or a digital camera with a video mode? If so , use that. Can store it on places like photobucket and other similar sites to share
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 05:52 AM

Hi all
Sorry to draw off topic a little, but from my understanding the mid pipe is part of the cat, no?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode