Eprom Or Power Commander - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Cool Eprom Or Power Commander

Im trying to decide between a Ferracci EPROM or a Power commander to go with a midpipe and BMC filter in hopes of birthing a few ponys and hopfully fixing my terrible fuel mileage (17-20). Anybody have some input. THANX.......................PILLAR..........Brutal e 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILLAR
Im trying to decide between a Ferracci EPROM or a Power commander to go with a midpipe and BMC filter in hopes of birthing a few ponys and hopfully fixing my terrible fuel mileage (17-20). Anybody have some input. THANX.......................PILLAR..........Brutal e 750
If you want little fuss get the eprom from Moto-One for the 750. If you like to tune or fuss (in a good way) with fuel curves get the PC.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 02:21 PM

New Site Garage
just a eprom is a compromise, PCIII is done specifically for your bike.
Ultimap can do a chip which is programmed specifically for the bike if you don't like the additional PCIII wiring.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

It would be a custom EPROM for the mods I have on my bike. Has anybody bought a Eprom like this and how happy are you with it. Oh and has anybody bought one from fast by ferracci.........HELP YALL ..........PILLAR
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILLAR
It would be a custom EPROM for the mods I have on my bike. Has anybody bought a Eprom like this and how happy are you with it. Oh and has anybody bought one from fast by ferracci.........HELP YALL ..........PILLAR
I got a chip from Brad Black at Moto One. Couldn't be happier. Even if I were going to use a Power Commander - and I have no reason to do so at this point - I'd still get a chip so as to start as close to optimum as I could. IMO the less "talking" the two computers have to do, the better. But the chip is just fine.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 PM

I was under the impression that eproms can change timing as well as fuel, but I could be wrong.

You gotta be crazy, gotta have a real need....
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

COOL THANX YALL anybody else want to weigh in, Id like a little more imput before I pull my credit card out$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thanx again!!!!!!PILLAR
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 AM

Why don't install a complete inox open manifoldes with eprom of MV Corse and air filter of BMC. During the replace of the air filter you can pull out from the airbox the two ducts, after that you have only to check the CO and thats all. I have done it on mine and I have earned about 8/9 ponys..
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Established Member

the spark map on the std 750 brutale eprom is what first got me keen to develop an eprom aimed at reducing fuel consumption. that was my real goal given the complaints we'd had from just about every one who bought a 750 brutale. the fuel mapping mods alone aren't enough imo to give the results we've seen.

if you were to fit our eprom you'd need to follow the setup procedure laid out on our website. otherwise i'd be a bit reluctant given i couldn't guarantee the result. it's not that hard, but access to some equipment does pose problems for many.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:12 AM

I've got a FBF power commander. It's insano. Way better than an EPROM, I must say. But I must also say, I've got no experience with customized EPROMs. However, if you plan on making any further performance tweaks with your bike, the PC's the way to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode